Distortion parameters in single-lens shooting

Hi,

I could not find a way to access the lensDistortionLookupTable when shooting with single cam (not dual cam). My use case is to use mulltiple images shot from the same camera, and having access to these parameters can bring substantial improvement at multiple levels.

I filed this under FB7377814 about 2 months ago, but would still be interested in getting a feedback if possible, or suggestions. So far we're building our own calibration models, but this is suboptimal, as it depends on a number of runtime parameters (focus, OIS, etc.) that can't all be modeled or read. Also, accessing the parametric form instead of a lookup could be of interest.

Thank you.

Replies

As noted in the header comments for isCameraCalibrationDataDeliverySupported:

"Camera calibration data delivery (intrinsics, extrinsics, lens distortion characteristics, etc.) is only supported if virtualDeviceConstituentPhotoDeliveryEnabled is YES and the source device's geometricDistortionCorrectionEnabled property is set to NO."

in turn, virtualDeviceConstituentPhotoDeliveryEnabled is only supported with dual/virtual cameras, which is why I was asking this question in the first place. A virtual camera is not what I need, as they have limitations of their own (can't be fully controlled, can't shoot in RAW…), and I'm only interested in a single sensor data anyway.

I guess this is a limitation of the current API. So please take my feedback (FB7377814) as a feature request. Note that use cases are real, and currently can only be implemented (without workaround) on other platforms. Thank you.

I seconded OP's opinion that the distortion parameter should be exposed in API regardless whether the phone has dual camera or not.