How to implement Python along with Swift in Xcode

Hi,

During the research, I found that it was possible for me to create a python file using the cross-platform function inside Xcode, however, I'm not sure if I am able to use both kinds of programming at the same time? Or do I have to create an app in Python, and then somehow link that into the Swift app that I have at the start?

Every single question related to this topic either dates back a few years ago, or all the questions remained open, and there weren't any answers to them.

If I'm unclear please tell me so I can respond, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Replies

I'm not sure if I am able to use both kinds of programming at the same time?

No, you should nor be able to code directly in Python in your code.

however, I'm not sure if I am able to use both kinds of programming at the same time?Did you see this one ? Lots of hints on how to.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31927604/call-python-code-from-an-existing-project-written-in-swift

So I researched some more and I found PythonKit, which I found in the website, however, it throws up an error when I try to impliment it.

Fatal error: Python library not found. Set the PYTHON_LIBRARY environment variable with the path to a Python library.: file /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Y******L-fmpvatcxzxcglggfnkmiateqeipe/SourcePackages/checkouts/PythonKit/PythonKit/PythonLibrary.swift, line 40

2019-12-31 19:10:33.397840-0700 iSee[4616:1847618] Fatal error: Python library not found. Set the PYTHON_LIBRARY environment variable with the path to a Python library.: file /Users/*****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Y******L-fmpvatcxzxcglggfnkmiateqeipe/SourcePackages/checkouts/PythonKit/PythonKit/PythonLibrary.swift, line 40

I found the location of where the code asks to throw up that error.

public struct PythonLibrary {
  private static let shared = PythonLibrary()
  private static let pythonLegacySymbolName = "PyString_AsString"
  private static var librarySymbolsLoaded = false

private let pythonLibraryHandle: UnsafeMutableRawPointer
  private let isLegacyPython: Bool

private init() {
    guard let pythonLibraryHandle = PythonLibrary.loadPythonLibrary() else {
      fatalError("""
        Python library not found. Set the \(Environment.library.key) \
        environment variable with the path to a Python library.
        """)
    }
    self.pythonLibraryHandle = pythonLibraryHandle

on line 11 it shows that.

The code was a swift package

below is the code in viewcontroller

//       let os: PythonObject = Python.import("os")
               //   print ("os")
                  let sys: PythonObject = Python.import("sys")
                  print("sys")
                  sys.path.append("/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages")
                 // sys.path.append("/Users/*****/Applications/Python 3.8")

The error throw up when it hits line 08.

Any help here? It would be amazing, again I searched, but I couldn't find a solution that would work, or I didn't understand what they were talking about?

Thanks.

My answer is currently being monitored for a few days now, i copy pasted an error that I had but it shows its being moderated. I tried editing some of the pasting but it dosent seem to work. So I just wait or am I doing something wrong?

Have you any url in the message ? If so you should edit as h ttps. with space betwe h and t.

It is posted, moderation approved, can you see the error?

bump