Renewing certificate

I've received the usual messages:

Your Developer ID Installer Certificate will no longer be valid in 30 days. To generate a new certificate …

Your Developer ID Application Certificate will no longer be valid in 30 days. To generate a new certificate …

Looking at my Account, I find 3 instances for this Developer ID Installer certificate for MacOS (I do not clean up regularly):

- one expiring 2020/01/04 (object of the message)

- one expiring 2022/06/13 for the same name and platform.

- one expiring 2022/06/16 for the same name and platform.

For Developer ID Application, I find 4 cerificates for MacOS

- one expiring 2020/01/04 (object of the message) under my name

- one expiring 2022/06/13 for the same name under my name.

- one expiring 2022/06/16 for the same name under my name.

- one expiring 2022/06/30 for the company name.

I changed my account from personal to Company several months ago, and that some certificates are listed with my name, not my company.

Questions:

- Am I safe to let the old certificate expire without doing anything ?

- Is there any issue to have it under my name and not my company ?

When I look at Account in XCode, Manage Certificates (for Mac Development Certificates and Developer ID Application Certificate), I see some old grayed out (declared as not in keychain) and others apparently valid but labeled as missing private key.

However, development goes without problem as well as publication on AppStore.

What am I missing here ?

Replies

Where are those messages coming from? Local on your mac, or from the backend?

If you check via Keychain Access on your mac, do you have any old/expired/invalid certs you can safely delete?

If you look at Member Center/Account, what is shown there about valid dates? If you log in to ASC, is there an upcoming expiration warning shown there?

As for being safe, you may need to contact support directly (use the Q/A tree and select account management) to ask them to take a look. I'd not want to let an account casually expire by mistake 😉