AVAggregateAssetDownloadTask failed when running on iOS13 with Xcode 11

I'm using AVAggregateAssetDownloadTask to download HLS streams. It works fine on iOS12.

But when using Xcode 11 to build and run on iOS 13, the download task fails right after starting. I got an error with code = -1 (NSURLErrorUnknown) returned from the delegate. Trying to debug the underlying process by using the Console app, I got a weird error as bellow:

Task <>.<2> for client <private> does not have write access to destination directory (null)

I'm not sure if it can affect the download task but this error didn't appear when I run on iOS 12 (successful download), but it so straight. I believe there was something to go wrong.

Does anyone know this issue?

Replies

I am experencing the same issue, I believe. The same code works for iOS 11 and 12 but fails with iOS 13.

I have same issue, anyone has had solve this ?

Hi cong.nguyen,

I am struggling for many weeks with the same issue, tried searching a lot and tried various things but to no avail, by any luck were you able to get the solution for this ??

For me its only happening when I am using 'AVAggregateDownloadTask' in a very old code base and works properly on iOS 13+ if I create a new project from scratch. I am confused what settings/configs could be changed in old code base to get this working ?

Regards,

Abhinav