xCode - Can't enter values in Add New Constraints boxes

Add To Constraints shows Standard and entering any value inside them isn't accepted. I can change these values from Size inspector. This weird problem happens when I try to pin the subviews to superview. If I position subview well off sides then this issue doesn't happen. Again if I change the values to 0 in Size Inspector problem appears.

This problem happens on all storyboard and for all views so something globally has been disturbed. Does anyone know solution to fix this issue?

I'm using xCode 11.2.1

Here is screenshot

https://i.stack.imgur.com/nOEZ6.png

Replies

did you first click on the red dotted line to activate the constraint ?

line :

___

|

_|_

Could you detail, may be post a link to a video : If I position subview well off sides then this issue doesn't happen

It seems you are not bthe only one to have similar problem.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/127105

I also encountered this problem, this problem should be macOS10.5.2 caused by this system, I tried to install Xcode11.0 version, still have the problem, but I run this on MacOS10.14.6 Xcode11.0 is no problem, such as apple update system fix the bug, also don't know if you have met the Xcode run for a period of time can cause the CPU occupancy rate reached 100 +, in turn, and fan CPU temperature is high, this is all the macOS10.15.2 system itself, I guess Test. First of all, I can confirm that my computer configuration is ok. The new i9 processor with 16 "32gb memory is the best.

XCode 11.0 is now a bit old and had many issues.

Should update to 11.3 and retest.

On the screenshot, you have defined 3 constraints for Top, leading and trailing.

These are the directions in which you cannot set a value to struts when adding new constraints.

First remove (or deactivate) those (try with top) and check if you can now set a value.

Thanks to feedback and close the thread if appropriate.

I am also having exactly same issue as pddltd is having.. My XCode version is 11.3.1 (11C504) and MacOS version 10.15.3 (19D76). After adding constraints like this, I need to modify their values from size inspector to get the desired result.

Still happening on 12.5.1