Can't delete an NSView

I’m trying to re-design a window in an .xib with XCodde 11.2.1. I want to delete an NSView but I can’t. I can’t drag it to the trash. When I highlight it in the hierarchy pane the Cut and Delete items are disabled. Using all of the possible modifier keys does nothing. I tried to drag it to the last position in the hierarchy but it still can’t be deleted and it also copies all of its sub-elements. If I cut and paste it it also copies all of its children in the hierarchy. The only way I can figure out how to do delete it is to start over with a new .xib and laboriously reenter all of the sub-views and manually reconfigure them. Is there any way to delete a view from the hierarchy? Isn't this this a bug? Is it a feature request? Should I file a bug report?

Replies

Did you first do an option-clean build folder ?

Is it an OSX project, with storyboard of individual xib ?

I want to delete an NSView but I can’t. I can’t drag it to the trash

Which trash it ?

Why not just select the object and then backspace ?

It's an OSX project with an .xib. Which trash is it? You mean that there is more than one? No, I can't delete it with the edit menu, or the dlete key. I was able to do what I wanted with great difficulty by changing the types of objects in the custom object type field.

No, my question was that you speak of a trash, and I do not see what you mean. Do you mean removing the object ?

I Don't understand either what you did :

- change the type from what to what ?

- how did you remove after this change ?

Did you solve your problem ? If so, thanks to close the thread.