"An error was encountered while attempting to communicate with this device. (The service is invalid.)"

Trying to build and run on both my iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone X (both running the 10.12 beta) from Xcode 10, I get this error, with the additional info:

"Please try rebooting and reconnecting the device. (0xE8000022)."

Rebooting and reconnecting does not help. Note that the app installs and I can start it by hand, but not from inside of Xcode, which is obviously frustrating.

Anyone else seeing this? Any sugs on how to work around it for now?

- wave

Replies

G'Day,

For me, I've just had this same error message after updating iOS to the most recent version (in my case 13.3), and had connected it to Xcode for the first time since the upgrade. When looking at Devices under 'Devices and Simulators' I could see the yellow 'preparing for development' banner.

Once that had completed and the banner had disappeared, build and running from Xcode on my iPhone was working fine.

Cheers,

Marcus

Finally resolved it.
I have to install XCode Version 12.2 beta 4. Now I'm able to compile app to iPhone Xs with iOS 14.2.
This is UNACCEPTABLE for Apple to release iOS 14.2 without ensuring it will not affect latest XCode version.
  • Check with the data cable connected.

• If you are developing wirelessly, then connect with the data-cable and then try.

• If connecting with Data cable does not resole then restart XCode and Device.

But step 2 itself will resolve your issue. ;)