Xcode not responding

My xcode keep loading after updating to Version 9.3 (9E145) I can work for 3o minutes, I have to force quit it each time it stops responding

Replies

I am also having the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled (which itself takes far too long) - only to be met with a 'hang' as soon as I try to open XCode.

Any idea's, anyone...?

I faced the same problem and I used CleanMyMac App to remove Xcode Junk and it works again. This link helped me.

In steps:
I deleted the Xcode from Applications

I run from Terminal

defaults delete com.apple.dt.Xcode

delete all Xcode caches from path <User>/Library/Caches

I used the program CleanMyMac to remove all Xcode related files

Something unexpected WORKED:

Simply unpair the paired device in Window -> Devices and Simulators.

That worked for some reason, although Xcode was getting stuck when not building to the device or, for that matter, not even building at all but just editing code.

Not sure if you have the same problem as I had, but it took me two days and trying everything I found online and nothing was working. So hopefully that works for you too as I know how frustrating it is.
Unparing a networked iPhone in devices and simulators worked for me too.

Same problem with Xcode 13.beta.2 on MBP 2018 i5 8GB 256GB.

Some projects are working fine (one, that have been struggling from spm resolution so I couldn't build it on Xcode 12.5, works perfectly on Xcode 13+), but the one I'm paid for is not responding at all after package resolution (sometimes it crashes, sometimes just not responding), the same is valid for all my colleagues 🤡

Removing devices and simulators doesn't help.

I have facing same issue any find solution so help me please

Doesn't look like an answer has been provided on this! I've been going through the same issues, and I think I found the solution (or a solution for some at least):

This was what really solved it for me 100%: I had iCloud sharing enabled for my desktop, which makes your whole desktop synced with the Cloud all the time (if you have Cloud services from Apple), so I disabled that:

click the Apple logo > System Settings > Yourself > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Turn off Desktop and Documents Folder. It might take some time for it to unload and such, but for me now not only is everything on my desktop fast again (I have all my developer files on my desktop), but now Xcode is super fast and everything works with zero crashing.

My thought is that when I tried to create a new project and it asynchronously was trying to open for the first time AND upload to the Cloud, well, it seems was just giving up before it even started.

Hope that helps!

I was working inside the folder /Desktop/project/mobileapp AND my iCloud Sync was open. Then I cloned the project and started working inside folder ~/Projects/mobileapp which is not synced with iCloud Sync. Everything works well for me now. I suggest you to check for whether your project folder is auto-synced or not.

Dont worry guys, it is still an issue even with M3 Max MacBook Pro 😞 I had restarted Xcode and MacBook so many times and it still would not open. So frustrating when I barely have any apps open. Really regretting this purchase now when it's supposed to not give me any headaches for years since this is their best chip