Shortcuts app and "Open App"

If I open the Shortcuts App, edit a shortcut, tap on Apps under Content Types, tap on Open App, then then click choose, why can't I find my app on the long list of apps?

I implemented shortcuts in my app and they work fine. In the Shortcuts app I can search for my specific app shortcuts and use them. However, if I try to use Open App my app doesn't show up. In looking through the long list of apps that do show up, only some of them have implemented shortcuts, soI can't figure out what makes an app show up, and how to make my app show up.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of zach.m Down vote post of zach.m
3.3k views
  • same here. even weirder: i am trying to open an "a better finder rename 11" droplet widget. so it is from a verified developer. AND i can see and open other "a better finder rename" droplets no problem (all inside the main applications folder of macOS).

funny enough. i tried copying the working droplets or creating new ones but they wont show up after restarting shortcuts app either 🤯

Add a Comment

Replies

Zach I am faced with this same question and can't see an answer. Did you figure out how to solve this?