Xcode 11.3: can't select deployment target 13.3

Today I updated Xcode to version 11.3 to build my app for iOS 13.3. I opened my project but couldn't find the iOS deployment target 13.3 when opening the project file. Neither dropdowns in the "Project" or "Target section" show it (options are between iOS 8.0 - iOS 13.2).

I updated macOS to the latest version, restarted, re-installed Xcode (deleted from Applications folder, installed through App Store), restarted again - still no value for build iOS 13.3?

When I manually change the version string in the project file, I obviously run into build issues:
"The iOS deployment target 'IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET' is set to 13.3, but the range of supported deployment target versions is 8.0 to 13.2.99."

Details:

- Xcode 11.3 (11C29)

- macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Replies

Same here. Moreover, after updating ( XCode to 11.3 and iOS on my iPhone to 13.3), my iPhone is not anymore recognized by Xcode with 'No devices connected device to My Mac' (restarting / etc. does not help).

---

Spent hours trying to workaround with no success. I filed a bug report to Apple (FB7491670).

Hello, were able to understand what the problem is ? We tried on several iMac 10.15.2 and MacBook 10.15.2 and still no ios 13.3. Even when creating a new project. Sorry for my English. Translation by google.

Catalina updated, xcode 11.3 updated and the same. 13.3 iOS does not appear.

Apple gets more than 33% of our developer incomes .... why is not already solved ?

Regards

Hi,

I am also trying to build my app on iOS 13.3 with xcode 11.3, but below error is coming :

I tried to built my app through xcode 11.3 but by default it is showing me simulators for xcode 10.2.1 which is also there in my mac.

can anyone please help.

DeviceType = "iPad5,3";

[Xcode] NSLocalizedDescription = "Could not locate device support files.";[Xcode] NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion = "This iPad Air 2 is running iOS 13.3 (17C54), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode.";

xcodebuild: error: Unable to find a destination matching the provided destination specifier:

[XCUITest] { id:XXXX }[XCUITest] The requested device could not be found because no available devices matched the request.[XCUITest] Available destinations for the "WebDriverAgentRunner" scheme:[XCUITest] { platform:iOS, id:XXXX, name:iPad Air2 }[XCUITest] { platform:iOS Simulator, id:6F4A0041-47BF-4E0E-8E59-89E7660F6E08, OS:12.2, name:iPad (5th generation) }[XCUITest] { platform:iOS Simulator, id:697BCFD1-8167-41FC-80A0-DFA3D9A850E6, OS:12.2, name:iPad (6th generation) }[XCUITest] { platform:iOS Simulator, id:331547CD-A71D-4D85-9153-613588E9A9D3, OS:12.2, name:iPad Air }[XCUITest] { platform:iOS Simulator, id:52B0ACA5-F1B3-48E6-AA02-D879A4E30FA0, OS:12.2, name:iPad Air (3rd generation) }[XCUITest] { platform:iOS Simulator, id:12731DB2-9E79-4A8C-91B8-BC64D9B6FE2C, OS:12.2, name:iPad Air 2 }[XCUITest] { platform:iOS Simulator, id:5AD66AC1-81DA-44DF-A6CB-2180DE46F7CB, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (9.7-inch) }

Why do you need to set 13.3 specifically (which would mean app would not work on version below).

If you set to 13.2 it will work on 13.3 as well.

Hi Claude, I'm not experiencing that. I need the 13.3 device support files because I must use an old version of Xcode for my project, and I import the Device Support for every new iOS release so I can build for it. I opened up the new Xcode and the device support files are not there. Taking your advice (that 13.2 covers 13.3) I just moved the 13.2 device support to the old version of Xcode and I get the same "Could not locate device support files" error. The 13.2 device support files do not cover 13.3 based on this test.
What is Apple doing here? Honestly I am trying to figure it out maybe I'm missing something - why would they hide the device support files in a new part of the Xcode file structure for 13.3? I can confirm I can build to 13.3 from the new Xcode, but that means the device support files are somewhere in this new Xcode application file. They must be in another place!

Called Apple developer support about this (twice) and the phone rep couldn't comprehend the problem or find these forum entries.
The search for these device support files continues, as I can't build our app now. 😟

Effectively, iOS 13.3 target does not show in XCode 11.3.

But I must be missing something.

you said: "as I can't build our app now."

What prevents you from building the app with target 13.2 on XCode 11.3 ?

What do you miss then ?

Hi,

I am not sure it will work for your case or not.

Why you are not trying to rename the SDK 13.2.x to 13.3 and check again.

I did this when I couldn't build my app on the device with iOS 13.3 and also I couldn't find the 13.3 SDK to added.

I rename it and it was working for me.

We have a React Native app that has Swift 3, C++ and Objective C code, and the import handling changes in Xcode 11 + React Native version we are currently stuck on will not allow us to use Xcode 11 without considerable refactoring. We still need to test & ship apps on iOS 13.3 iPads, as we have a hardware specific app. So we've been using old Xcode with new Device Support for the iOS versions.
But it looks like this may have forced our hand in refactoring!

Final word from Apple after filing a Technical Level support request for the missing iOS 13.3 Device Support files - this courtesy is officially discontinued:

>Thank you for contacting Apple Developer Technical Support (DTS).
>The behavior and resulting limitations you describe are by design. Moving Device Support files between Xcode versions is not supported.

Hello,

I also found the same issue, but i resolved by below

1. Just made a copy of 13.2 folder

-> `Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/13.2`

2. Rename 13.2 folder to 13.3 and copy it to

-> `Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/`

3. Restart Xcode

Hope it helps 🙂

Apple is always helping.?????

It does not work, when I create a new project from the beginnig it happens the same, target 13.3 does no appear.

Has anyone worked out this problem ?

Regards.

Hi Claude31

This is not a proper solution, Apple should solve it , I do not know why this problem is still alive.

interested in solution for this too

Usually this does the trick for me, but since I have to use old version of xcode(10.3) at the moment, it didn't solve the problem for me