Xcode 11 can't find app icons source

Hello, I just update to xcode 11, and all the apps that have sticker pack extention are having this issue

if you select the target and go to the general tab, at the bottom in the app icons source, the source is showing in red and if you try to update and select again, is trying to select the app icon of the main target

Accepted Reply

Hello guys, here is a quick solution :

• delete your current stickers target, and create one from scratch
  • change the name of the Stickers Icon, from "IMessage App Icon" to "AppIcon"
  • add all your stickers images and icon images
  • select "AppIcon" in the App Icon Source of the Stickers target

Replies

We also have this problem. Manually editing the xml project file to reference the necessary asset bundle is how I'm working around. And:

- App Icon Source is shown in Xcode, but it remains red.

- The built messages app bundle _does_ have the correct icon files, in the correct place, and correctly referenced in the bundle's plist.

- Project builds and submits to the app store.

- iOS13 Customers reporting that on their phones, in the messeges app, the app icon disapears (replaced with the placeholder grey grid).

- For for some customers its fine.

I don't know if problem that end users are seeing is due to this Xcode bug, or a separate bug in iOS related to changes in how Messages App icons are specificed for an app??? Something like iOS caches the icons somewhere else, or references to them, and it doesn't see the changed filenames from the newest app bundle?