Is signin with apple is mandatory for app submission if i am using social logins?

My app is rejected on the basis that the app uses a third-party login service but does not offer Sign in with Apple. Is it mandatory to sign in with Apple?

Replies

If you are using exclusively social login, yes you have to.

If you offer other (such as email), I understand this is not mandatory.

Should read this thread:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/124006

Show the rejection, pls/thanks. Also any appeals you've made so far.

We offer custom email login option also. Yet, the app was rejected.

Just had the same problem. We were rejected for not having 'Sign in with Apple' and told to read the guidelines.

The guidelines specifically say that 'Sign in with Apple' is only mandatory for apps that 'that exclusively use a third-party or social login service'.

Our app allows Facebook and email sign up/login so we should not have been rejected!

"4.8 Sign in with Apple

Apps that exclusively use a third-party or social login service (such as Facebook Login, Google Sign-In, Sign in with Twitter, Sign In with LinkedIn, Login with Amazon, or WeChat Login) to set up or authenticate the user’s primary account with the app must also offer Sign in with Apple as an equivalent option."

As noted in other forum posts, this "exclusively" is most likely an error in the guidleines. If you use some third party or social network for log in you must also use Apple.