Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.

Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.2/iPhone 11 Pro Max. I tried everything but once I connect the phone to the car it only shows me “iPod”. My car has Apple CarPlay and just stopped working when I connected to the new iPhone. Can someone help?! Thanks!

• I just got the 13 pro last weekend, I’ve read that turning on and back off the EQ or making sure Siri is on, will work to make the Apple carplay work. However, I have had no luck with anything. If someone could please tell me a fix to getting CarPlay to work. I have Spotify for a reason and I got this damn 13 and I’d love a helpful answer.

• I have a 2016 Chevy Volt and up until now my iPhone 8 connected and worked. Buggy, but worked. Upgraded to the iPhone 13 and the only thing that works is playing sound/music. The "projection" gives me nothing and the apps will not show. I'm wondering if the software in the cars themselves will need a compatibility update from the manufacturer's end.

When you go into the phone's settings and find Carplay, it wants to connect wirelessly, but try as I might, it won't, which I don't think that feature works with older versions. In the car's Carplay functions all it wants to do is add or connect with a device, and though it shows mine is connected, and sound is working, the apps and projection is not.

So I'm wondering if that's the issue. I plan to go to a dealership and see if they have any firmware updates for the Carplay interface. Just wondering if anyone has tried something similar.

Add a Comment

Replies

Will sometimes load tried oem cable when it runs it the mic doesnt work or you cant be use the phone for a phone call it wont ouput running Ios 13.1.3 using iphone 11 pro cadillac xt5 2017

I am having same problem with 11 max pro and 2019 Cadillac Escalade. CarPlay worked on and off for first few days, now it is not connecting at all. I am using an Apple cable. The fast charger that came with phone is not compatible with usb so I am going to try an aftermarket next...

Same here. I have a 2018 Chevy Impala. Went from iPhone X (which worked perfect) to Iphone 11, ios 13.1.3 and now Carplay works intermittently at best. For every 1 time it works i've tried at a minimum 10 other times. Followed all the tips....use cord delivered, remove my link, remove bluetooth, restart phone, car etc......what gives. Any feedback from Apple would be great.

Same issue here. UK Vauxhall Viva 2019, iPhone 7, iOS 13.2. Bluetooth connects but just acts like a dumb Bluetooth speaker. Voice commands etc all fail.

I am having the same issue. Cadillac XT5, 2018, was working fine with Iphone X. As soon as I upgraded to the 11 Pro, carplay has been ridiculous. Sometimes it will work the second I start the car, other times I have to unplug it and plug it in multiple times before it comes on. Sometimes it doesn't come on at all. Sometimes bluetooth works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it loses my phone pairing- I have re-paired the phone a half dozen times in the last week. I have also had numerous drops of calls (once 3 times during the same 10 minute call). I also was in the middle of one of the largest cities in the country recently and none of the map apps could find the street I was on (ridiculous).

I kind of doubt this is a Cue problem since there are other manufacturers having the same issue. There are numerous reports that it is IOS 13. I have also heard that you should not upgrade to 13.2 because 1. it won't fix the carplay issue and 2. it apparently creates a new problem- all background apps refresh every time you switch between programs, which kills multitasking.

For a $1200 phone, it's pretty darn worthless to me right now. If I thought taking it back to apple would help, I would do it in a heartbeat. But they will just give me another one with IOS 13.

Same car, Same Phone, Same Problem....Let's go Apple!

I have an iPhone 7 and updated to the 13.2.2. Now, my Apple CarPlay doesn’t work either. It says, “Reading USB” and then crashes. I’ve tried rebooting my phone, turning off the stereo, turning off the car and nothing. It’s worked fine for 11 months. Super frustrating, Apple. What is this crap? 2017 VW Passat

This is driving me crazy. How do they keep putting out new versions without fixing this? I’d consider this pretty high on the priority list. Wouldn’t you think? Time to address Apple. I plug my phone, start the car, and then it will continuously running through the connection process, sometimes it completes after about 4 failures, usually it never connects. 2018 Nissan Altima Iphone 11 running IOS 13.2.2

So last night after trying different cables and different iPhones all of which have IOS 13 nothing connects and works as CarPlay did in the past. I tweeted Apple and they contacted me via DM. They are trying to say that my 2018 Nissan is not a supported model when it comes to CarPlay. I said “that’s weird because CarPlay is listed in the vehicle specs and was used as a selling point for the car.” So I said to him “I guess Nissan is falsely advertising your product to increase sales, is that what your saying?” Then no reply after that. This is the link he sent me with all the supported vehicles for CarPlay. It all seems fishy to me. https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

iPhone 11 Pro - Pioneer AVH 1440. Siri worked fine with my iPhone 10, but of course I had to upgrade when the pro came out. All of a sudden siri no longer worked via carplay. Nor could I hear anyone who called me when I answered calls. Thought maybe it was my radio. I removed it, rewired the entire thing, and updated the firmware. No luck. I wiped my iPhone and restored from backup. Siri worked ONCE! Then stopped working again. I then decided to try iOS 13.3 Beta. No luck! Finally, called Pioneer. Told the gentleman what was going on. He said Apple is aware of this issue and is planning on fixing it in the new release...which would be iOS 13.3. Well, I am hoping the new beta update will show a sign of life for siri via CarPlay. Massachusetts is finally passing a law this week for hands free driving, so I won't be able to take calls using my phone anymore legally. Hopefully some day I will be able to use the expensive radio I had installed in my car...which I installed so I could be hands free...

Thanks for the info Jschuler008 ... and I'm going to chime in here, because I have lots of issues as well. If Apple doesn't get this fixed pretty **** fast, I'm afraid the next time I need a new phone, I'm going to jump ship over to an Android Galaxy. We pay a lot of money for iPhones, and if you can't use it with your car audio system, that's a big problem. All of my icons for the phone, messaging, maps, etc. are GONE! I can't use them because they're not there ... and nothing (I mean nothing!) is working like it's supposed to. I get an error message that flashes on the screen constantly saying "a charging error has occurred with a USB connected device" - even when I have NO device connected!! It flashes on the screen, goes away, and then a few minutes later, reappears. C'mon Apple ... get this fixed now, because I can't risk a violation/ticket because YOU can't keep up!

Same issue here. iPhone 11 Pro with Head unit Sony SONY XAV-AX3005DB. It’s worked fine with iPhone XS and IOS 12. Super frustrating.

It sometimes makes a connection when the accu is at 100%. Sometimes arbitrary after 10 - 15 minutes.

Apple ???.

5 month old BMW X1, 5 month old iphone 8. Apple CarPlay not working on ios 13.2 I tried everything but once I connect the phone to the car it only shows me “iPod”. My car has Apple CarPlay and just stopped working when I connected to the new iPhone. Phone telling me to forget the car because it wont work. Seriously frustrating!!! Want my money back on something!!!

GOOD NEWS! I previously posted about my Pioneer AVH 1440 Car Play function and my iPhone 11 Pro. Up until today it wasn't working. This morning I updated my iPhone to iOS 13.3.4 BETA. I tested in my car and it didnt work 😠...However, I had to send some emails when I got to work, so I opened notes and hit the microphone to just record what I was saying. The first time I hit the mic I did not get the noise it plays when I first start recording. I stopped my recording, and hit the mic a second time...I HEARD THE NOISE. I immediately tested the imessage siri function, and it was working. What does this mean? I HAVE NO IDEA. Test your notes microphone app while hooked up to car play in your car (from your phone as notes isn't a part of car play) and see if it works? If it doesn't hopefully the iOS 13.3 update (which should be soon) will fix our issues?!?

I continued messing with this later in the day. It didn’t work the second time and I couldn’t figure out why. I quit all apps, and hit the notes microphone again and it worked. Texts were reading by Siri again. I turned music on and tried again in notes, didn’t work. Quit music and tried it, it worked. Tried the same with podcasts and while podcasts was open it would NOT work. Seems there is either a setting or an error with Siri play while audio is playing.