"Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard"?

When I first began trying to build my app, I set the device to iPhone 11. I ran the app several times in the simulator and it worked just fine. But after two days, I began to get an error (listed below) and finally my textfield wouldn't allow me to type in text at all.

At first I set the keyboard for the textfield to Decimal Pad and it worked fine the first four or fives times that I ran it; but soon, I began to get the below error and finally I couldn't enter any text into the field anymore (even using my own keyboard):

Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitChoco-DecimalPad; using 25727_PortraitChoco_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default

I changed the keyboard to Number Pad and now I'm getting the below error:

Can't find keyplane that supports type 4 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitChoco-NumberPad; using 25686_PortraitChoco_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default

Could someone please let me know why this is happening? I'm in Xcode 11.2.1 if that's of any help. Please help. Thank you.

Accepted Reply

I often get those messages. They should be ignored, it is just a simulator warning which you should not care about too much.

If you want to silent the warning, toggle keyboard as described here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25842168/cant-find-keyplane-that-supports-type-4-for-keyboard-iphone-portrait-numberpad

Quote:

If you simply press:

iOS Simulator -> Hardware -> Keyboard -> Connect Hardware Keyboard

so that the entry is UNchecked then the software keyboard will be displayed once again.

• I get these when testing on my iPhone SE. The actual hardware.

• I am on Xcode 14.3, the app is now called "Simulator", the top-level menu option is now I/O, but whether Connect Hardware Keyboard is on or not, I get the Keyplane error.

It is incumbent on Apple to fix this. I prefer my output pane to be clean.

Add a Comment

Replies

I often get those messages. They should be ignored, it is just a simulator warning which you should not care about too much.

If you want to silent the warning, toggle keyboard as described here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25842168/cant-find-keyplane-that-supports-type-4-for-keyboard-iphone-portrait-numberpad

Quote:

If you simply press:

iOS Simulator -> Hardware -> Keyboard -> Connect Hardware Keyboard

so that the entry is UNchecked then the software keyboard will be displayed once again.

• I get these when testing on my iPhone SE. The actual hardware.

• I am on Xcode 14.3, the app is now called "Simulator", the top-level menu option is now I/O, but whether Connect Hardware Keyboard is on or not, I get the Keyplane error.

It is incumbent on Apple to fix this. I prefer my output pane to be clean.

Add a Comment

Thank you, I saw that forum thread initially but worried that it wasn't correct. Good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this and that I can just ignore it and adjust the simulator accordingly. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it!

I get this when testing on a physical iphone, what should I uncheck there ?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of ngl Down vote reply of ngl

For me is happening on a real device. Keyboard is not being shown and instead there is a white frame.