App Store Promo Code Redeem Error

I have an application that contains auto-renewable subscription products in app. Everything works fine, I can purchase, upgrade, downgrade and restore purchase but promo code redemption.

I generated promo code for one of subscription and tried to redeem in App Store app. The alert appeared and said "Error, Code redemption is temporarily unavailable. Try again later".

I also generated new promo code and tried on another device with difference Apple Id and result is the same.

When I tried a promo code redeemed at first, The alert said "Error, This offer has already been redeemed by another account".

I use https://github.com/bizz84/SwiftyStoreKit for processing the purchase. Tested on iPhone XS (iOS 13.1.3) and iPhone 6S (iOS 13.1)

I submitted case to Apple Developer Support but no one reply to me.

How can I resolve the this issue? Does anything I miss to implement?

Appreciate for any help! Thank you. 🙏

Accepted Reply

Guysss. The problem was fixed. I can redeem the promo code and get it by restore purchase in app.

Thank you Sh**nna from asia.dev@asia.apple.com😍

Replies

> The alert appeared and said "Error, Code redemption is temporarily unavailable. Try again later". I also generated new promo code and tried on another device with difference Apple Id and result is the same.

Did you try it again later as suggested where 'later' means 24 hours?

> When I tried a promo code redeemed at first, The alert said "Error, This offer has already been redeemed by another account".

What do you mean by "redeemed at first"? Is this the expected error message?

> Did you try it again later as suggested where 'later' means 24 hours?

Yes, I tried many times few days later.

> What do you mean by "redeemed at first"? Is this the expected error message?

Sorry for bad clarifying. I mean when I tried a promo code that was used from first Apple Id on the second Apple Id, I wonder why the alert said the promo code was redeemed already but the first redeeming has not finished.

Thank you. 🙂

I changed account region to US and Australia and tried that codes. Still doesn't work.

Is the app approved?

Are you testing this in sandbox or production?

So it correctly flags an attempt to repeated use a single promo code but instead of giving you credit for the first use of the promo code it says 'temporaily unavailable'. Correct?

> Is the app approved?

Are you testing this in sandbox or production?

Yes. I tested on production app.

> So it correctly flags an attempt to repeated use a single promo code but instead of giving you credit for the first use of the promo code it says 'temporaily unavailable'. Correct?

Yes.

Screenshot of alert.

https://ibb.co/GxxXzbp

Thank you. 🙂

I faced with the same problem on Saturday, November 30. I've checked several apps using three different Apple ID and every time error occured with auto-renewable subscriptions, ordinary IAP worked normally. It's still an issue and we can't provide our users with codes for subscription, because of it.

App Store Promo Code Redeem ErrorHi, it's been a week we are facing the exact same problem with redeeming promo codes... I came to the forums to see if other developers were experiencing the same... Looks like it may be on Apple's side then(?)

How it going on? any news for this issues? My new application released, and I can not send code to users 😟

I just sent the issue to Rich Kubota (Apple Staff) via email.

Hi!I have the same issue. My app launch today, and I have this problem. I have another app with the same subscriptions types, and that work perfectly. I experience the same problems as you. Sny response from apple yet?

Unfortunately, He replied me the issue is on App Store Connect side. He couldn't help because it isn't technical problem in development with StoreKit API.

I'll try to contact App Store Connect team again... The previous email is still not answered 😟

Work perfectly?

Do you mean the auto-renewable subscription promo code can be redeemed on another app?

Sorry, maybe I express myself incorrectly. What I meant was that the other application, its subscriptions worked fine, the promo codes worked. Now I tried again and boths apps are not working. The new one with the same error, and the old one with erratic behavior in different devices and accounts. App store connect is working awfully bad this days.

I have the same problem for more than 2 weeks. I have tried to update the App and nothing happened. I have contacted with support but noone solve my problem, just they send me to other support links without success. Could you solve this issue?

• The problem is only with one App that uses auto-renewal subscriptions.
  • I have not sold any subscription since this problem appear. One user contacted me telling that he could'nt buy the App.
  • I also use SwiftyStoreKit but the problem appears to be from the apple store. In the production testing everything works perfect.

Thanks

I received email from asia.dev@asia.apple.com yesterday. Still no solution.

I just replied the email and still waiting with some hope 😠