Xcode 11.2 not updating.

I had a problem with 11.1 not upgrading so did what was recommended elsewhere in these forums: delete it from Apps and download again from the App store. Today there's an update to 11.2 and let the system try to update as before. Downloads the 7.6GB file, tries to update, and then exits stating it can't be upgraded and to try later.

Would someone at Apple care to have a look?

Currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.

Accepted Reply

Finally able to get XCode 11.2 installed after updating the Mac to Catalina 10.15.1.

Just came back to let everybody know but I see a lot of you already got it working! Thank you to all who replied, those confirming the problem (we could have started out own XCode 11.2 Anonymous group!) and those who posted that it's now working as it should for most after upgrading Catailna.

Replies

After update of MacOS, the Xcode update from 11.1 to 11.2 went smoothly.

First update the MacOS and then try to update the Xcode.

Finally able to get XCode 11.2 installed after updating the Mac to Catalina 10.15.1.

Just came back to let everybody know but I see a lot of you already got it working! Thank you to all who replied, those confirming the problem (we could have started out own XCode 11.2 Anonymous group!) and those who posted that it's now working as it should for most after upgrading Catailna.

Problem solved as I updated my iMac to MacOS 10.15.1!

The release notes say 10.4.4 is required.

Yes, a week or so ago, I had to do the same thing to get the 11.2 upgrade to work. However, today, we're being offered the 11.2.1 upgrade and guess what...it fails too. I'm on the latest Catalina (10.15.1) and here we go again...

me too. Im on 10.15.1 and it still will not intall correctly. I think it only works for people who wewre not on 10.15.1 and upgrade. But what if youi were aready on that vdersion? Its not installing correctly for us??

upgrading to 10.15.1 did not work for me. any other fix??

I have been using Catalina 10.15.1 for weeks. It is fully stable, but Xcodes - any of the most recent - continually fail to load on the first attempt. I thought this was due to a lack of storage space, bt I have 66GB which should be enough now - and yet I'm still getting stuck with a small gap in the loading circle at the top.... whic has JUST closed ... it took two hours to do the last degree ! So - I'm OK now... shall I ditch this post ? No - because I can tell you I had to wait for two hours !

I have updated macOS to 10.15.1, tried to update xcode to 11.2.1, failed a few times, I ended up removing xcode all together, now I can't download it at all. I cleared the DNS cache, Cleared the app store cache, let it run a few times for hours each time, I am at my wids end

I will be patient then! I didn't try just letting it sit and stew. I wish they'd provide more detail on what the installation process is doing. Windows does a poor job at this too but at least you get some detail.

Also did not work ever for us, had to manually download. Zero help from Apple.

Same story with XCode 11.3 - also will not download & update from App store.

You know a company has big software quality issues when it can't even deliver an IDE to its developers!

After 15mins of searching on the hopeless whitespace filled, zero help website here's the direct link to XCode 11.3 for manual download:

Xcode 11.3.xip

hope this helps someone

There is a site well known by developers:

https://developer.apple.com/download/

Selecting release at the top, get to

https://developer.apple.com/download/release/

you get XCode 11.3 in Applications

No need to search elsewhere.

They removed the download link from the pages you noted. Anyone else see this?

When I try to download the xcode 11.3 zip file, I get an account not authorized error even though our account is fully update with all of the agreements active.

Now I am having the same problem with 11.3. The fact that you finally got it working is NOT AN ANSWER. My next step is to hire a lawyer.