iOS-13 Simulators IDFA

I have noticed that the new iOS-13 simulators start with the zero'ed out IDFA (Identifier for Advertiser): 00000000-0000-0000-000000000000.

This appears to be happening regardless of whether "Limit Ad Tracking" is enabled/disabled. And the IDFA will be zero'ed out even if the global variable "enableAdTracking" is true.

I have a couple of questions about this:

1) Is this a bug that will be fixed at some point? Or was this intentional for the new simulators? Is there an ETA on a possible fix?

2) Is there a way to start the simulators with a valid-looking IDFA that can be used for testing applications behavior and use of this info?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

Replies

Just wanted to mention that I am experiencing the same exact issue starting with Simulator v11.2 (which was bundled along with Xcode v11.2 currently running on macOS 10.14.6). The only workaround is to run the IDFA-dependant code on a physical device.

The app that I am creating relies heavily on that "Limit Ad Tracking" toggle. And since I only have access to an old iPhone 6, I can no longer guarantee that the app that I am creating is going to look good for the Apple users who shell out $1000+ for a modern iPhone.

Dear Apple, if this was done intentionally, please reconsider your decision as a cripped Simulator is all but useless. And if you did this on accident, then please fix the bug as soon as possible. Otherwise, it has become this much harder to continue developing on your platform.

Just upgraded to Simulator Version 11.2.1 (SimulatorApp-912.4 SimulatorKit-570.3 CoreSimulator-681.15) and the issue is still there.

>Dear Apple

Forum posts aren't bug reports - if filing was your goal here, feel free to use the link below to the FA, being sure to add your filing # to your thread/comment, for reference, thanks and good luck.

Has there been any update on this? I have the same issue on device on the beta as well.

Thanks

Still no word on this 7+ months later? I am still seeing this problem with the latest versions of the simulators.