My apple developer account terminated for unknown reason?

What I did before termination

• I created ~20+ apps in itunes apps dashboard. But sure, I was working in 20+ apps. [If it's wrong why that + button legally allowed me to create app? Also there is no delete button to delete created apps...]
  • I am working for freelance clients. So, I deployed their app that was developed by me in my developer account and transferred to their account after successful approval. Totally 2 apps I have been transferred to others account. [If it's wrong, why apple teams approved my app that has full details of other developer (or) other parties]
  • I am working for others, so the app design and functionality is based on others requirement. It's mostly like, Cinema Bookmark, Notes, Camera, dating apps, Cordova apps for small scale physical goods business... this kinda apps. They were approved this kinda apps. I also don't have other choice once I committed project in freelance. If I leave they will left bad review for me. So, I was in situation that I have to do what they need. [There was an app permanently rejection instead of termination]

What I did not:

• I did not used 3rd party images & API's without copy-write information of them.
  • I didn't implemented any private API or frameworks to grab user details.
  • I didn't implemented complex functionalities like Payment, Image sharing, Torrent protocol, Download manager.

In termination

• I was submitted 2 apps for review. Apple took 14 days to review my apps. In fact, No human reviewed my last 2 apps. My account gone in hold and my 2 apps suddenly gone in to In Review and with in a seconds I got rejected with termination notice. Their bot flagged my account for termination. [Exactly the same flagging message that all people got - bot message]
  • After getting flagged message in apple resolution centre, I applied for appeal to review team with all cases of possibilities from my side for re investigation. But they sent reply what everyone got from app. [No human at all]

After termination

• After 14 days from their bot's last reply. The exactly same time my account got terminated and I got termination notice from apple.
  • I applied to re-investigate. But, They didn't replied with proper message. After 9 days I got reply from apple that told "Per the Notice of Termination you were sent on August 16, 2019 your access to the Apple Developer Program, including the Developer Forums, has been disabled. Also, please note that we will deny your reapplication to the Apple Developer Program for at least one year from the date of the Notice of Termination considering the nature of your acts."

Why I told the replies sent by Bot:

• The exact Time, Whenever I get Apple's constant email template from apple, the time is around 03-3.30 AM. I got Human made replies at random Time.
  • No change in their replies. I got exactly same email what other terminated developers got.
  • Not a proper answer for my absolute question & clarification with my developer account termination.

What I felt:

I am iOS developer from last 4 years. I spent lot of time in apple application development & the same time I helped to lot of people in internet to develop iOS app for nothing. I felt got slapped by Apple in the name of Fraudulent, dis-honest Nature of my Act for my 99 USD. No doubt absolutely that I am still beggar, 99 USD is very big amount me. I need at least reason or At least reply from Human being. I didn't denied mistake from my side if any. I am ready to accept it. But I need to know what it is.

I am single youth and I have excellent skills that told by 70+ peoples[All my clients] around this Earth. Now, I don't have apple support for my Skills. I invested Time & money for future earning but without developer account I can't earn nothing. I can't get client. I can't show demo of my apps. I can't sell my binaries to peoples without apple account. Yes, of curse my existing clients thought bad of me because of apple account termination and loss jobs from them. I've explained reasons that I've suspected my self to everyone.

Yes, No doubt, without apple developer account I am not professional software developer. 2 years ago, as a corporate employee I left and I took risk to start my own business. So, I can't step back into corporate employee again. Also, Mentally I am not well for learning new technologies.

Absolutely I still love macOS, iPhones products. I am not in revenge at all.

What I need now:

I understand my developer account datas are deleted in apple. I forgot all & I don't need any of my old account. I need to enrol new developer account. Does this possible in any case?

Thank you for your time dear brothers & sisters!

Accepted Reply

Hi Pals, There is no reply button on your's comment. But I will update this post as common.

What happened to my Account:

It's got terminated in Aug 2019 with bottom line

"Finally, please note that we will deny your reapplication to the Apple Developer Program for at least a year considering the nature of your acts"

So, I didn't had chance to apply new account. Because of termination I lost trustability of my existing high paid clients. So, they didn't came to me for new projects & I don't had chance to show demo to new clients.

What I did Next:

I just forgot it all. I left dependent on iOS development based works. Just walked away to the life with web development & Android development. Yes, I left the development of my own apps. I started youtube channel but It's really hard to get subscribers for education channel. I learned website development. I have play-store account & Learning game development. But still I am struggle to earn money. Anyhow, I have to do!

What Now

Today I asked about new apple developer account. So, I sent mail to apple. Because I really need, I am expert in iOS development but not with other techs. If I got positive response then I will continue my own apps that I left in last year. For else, I've one year experience of other technologies to start my business. Let see what will happen. I will update in this forum.

Hope you will have great Idea after the sad incident on your life. I knew how will you felt. It's just an accident If you don't have any Intention on your account termination. Just learn with it. Don't give up 🕴️

🍻 Good luck to you all & your business 👍

Replies

Meet the same situations with your, every decision is made on bot. No humans. What is the results of your account.

hello did you find any solution? Did they re initiate your account or banned?
I'm going through the exact same thing right now. No explanations given whatsoever. I was working on my third app, using Unity, and all of a sudden my developer account got terminated. No humans to talk to. Left in the dark. Frustrating.
Hi Pals, There is no reply button on your's comment. But I will update this post as common.

"Finally, please note that we will deny your reapplication to the Apple Developer Program for at least a year considering the nature of your acts"

So, I didn't had chance to apply new account. Because of termination I lost trustability of my existing high paid clients. So, they didn't came to me for new projects & I don't had chance to show demo to new clients.

What I did Next:

I just forgot it all. I left dependent on iOS development based works. Just walked away to the life with web development & Android development. Yes, I left the development of my own apps. I started youtube channel but It's really hard to get subscribers for education channel. I learned website development. I have play-store account & Learning game development. But still I am struggle to earn money. Anyhow, I have to do!

What Now

Today I asked about new apple developer account. So, I sent mail to apple. Because I really need, I am expert in iOS development but not with other techs. If I got positive response then I will continue my own apps that I left in last year. For else, I've one year experience of other technologies to start my business. Let see what will happen. I will update in this forum.

Hope you will have great Idea after the sad incident on your life. I knew how will you felt. It's just an accident If you don't have any Intention on your account termination. Just learn with it. Don't give up 🕴️

Update August 19

What I did Next: 

What Now

Update: September 23

Not a proper response for my request. Let see coming days...

Hi , i am getting through the same thing. My apple Account will be terminated in 14 days , because of "Evading App Review Process". It was because i re-submited an rejected app with the Reason of "Design:Spam" that was not understandable for me because the app was unique and developed by me. However i send an appeal to ask about the standings of the process and get the answer after 7 days that the decision of the removal of my membership is final and no appeals will be reviewed till my Account is terminated. I became the same bot message like you. I am Objective-C and Swift developer and now i have to cancel 4 pending and in development staying projects and I have to turn 180° in another direction. It's sad how fast they decided to terminate my account. I feel somehow like a big criminal or such haha. It feels very bad but that's how apple manages Developer Memberships.

I had the same situation a couple of years ago, it is sad what the AppStore has become. They don't care about freelancers or indie developers, for them, the money is enough with the big companies, even they have different review rules. I loved to develop my apps but now I had to find other jobs.

Hello fourthprogrammer!

Thanks for providing context after two years since you got the incident with Apple.

Did you get your account reinstated? 

We had a similar issue with them a couple of months ago. Definitely, small company doesn't play with the same rules as their big enterprises/clients. They communicated to us that our content in-app was misleading, but we proved that the majority of the apps in our category had the exact same content and they ignored that nor reinstate our account so we have a second chance.

Surprisingly, after two months of our termination and after sharing with Apple several examples of apps having the exact them content that they classified as misleading, nothing change for the other apps – all of them are still ready for sale and receiving installs every day. It seems that there is no risk of termination from Apple at all for some other developers.

We were a start-up, 3 developers and friends, that we just launched our first app and, as any young company, it is okay to make mistakes. We just posted an app with the same content as all the other similar apps and then it turned to be misleading according to the apple team that reviewed us. They said it one time in a very ambiguous way, we partly correct it (as it is tough to understand the ambiguity that sometimes is used by the App Review team) and the second time, and the second time was already to inform us that our account was terminated.

I hope that they improve their services and support to the indi developers. In the end, we are there to help Apple, by providing apps and content to their iOS users. They should appreciate much more what we are and all the efforts behind any app. At the moment, and as we are banned from posting new apps, we don’t know what to do. We are currently working as freelances but we would love to try to post our apps one day.

Do you know how long does it take for an account to be terminated? Of course, we tried to communicate with Apple but this is mission impossible. No way you can get a phone call nor direct communication. It has to be through support tickets, they love to leave you on radio silence for weeks and then provide an ambiguous response that doesn’t answer your inquiry. 

We would love to call out other developers that feel to be on the same situation as us and would love to find a solution with Apple. Please, find us in Crema Apps website. 

Happy coding!! Crema

hello, did you sue Apple?

Hi Guys, Did you get your accounts reinstated?

• it's impossible to get your account reinstated unless you sue, shall we get together and sue?

Add a Comment