How long will take the transaction status to change pending to success?

My purchase history shows pending transaction and I want to know how long it will take the status change to success. I am not using any parent-child account. I was using my credit card. I was using the non-renewable subscription.

Replies

Is it a question on your app (then explain and possibly show code) or a question about a purchase ?

Thank you for your replay.

It is a question regarding my application in-app purchase pending. I am using store kit delegate function and code as shown below

for (SKPaymentTransaction * transaction in transactions) {

switch (transaction.transactionState)

{

case SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchased:

[self completeTransaction:transaction];

break;

case SKPaymentTransactionStateFailed:

[self failedTransaction:transaction];

break;

case SKPaymentTransactionStateRestored:

[self restoreTransaction:transaction];

case SKPaymentTransactionStateDeferred:

[self DefferedTransaction:transaction];

break;

case SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchasing:

[self PurchasingTransaction:transaction];

break;

default:

break;

}

};

Then i get a pending transaction . and I update my serever database with temporary value. But I want to know when the pending transaction become success.

It is unclear to me what you mean by "pending". If you mean "SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchasing" - you can ignore them. The time between SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchasing and SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchased or SKPaymentTransactionStateFailed depends on lots of things.

> I want to know when the pending transaction become success.

See if the new reporting from Apple helps you to know...

New Server Notifications for Subscriptions Now Available

November 22, 2019

Server-to-server notifications from the App Store let you receive real-time updates in a subscription’s status, so you can provide customized experiences for your subscribers. New notifications are now available when a subscription renewal fails due to a billing issue and when a billing issue is resolved by the App Store. In addition, a unified receipt containing information about the latest 100 in-app purchase transactions is now included with the notification. If you’ve already enabled server-to-server notifications in App Store Connect, you’ll automatically receive the new notifications and unified receipt for these subscription events.

Learn how to enable server-to-server notifications

Thank you for your replay. "pending" means even after the payment deducted from my account apple not giving a "SKPaymentTransactionStatePurchased" so I could not update my subscription in server. And when I check the purchase history it shows purchase pending. And I do not know when it is going to be a success.

Still unclear.

You wrote: "payment deducted from my account"

What account? Are you testing in the sandbox or in production?

You wrote: "when I check the purchase history it shows purchase pending"

What purchase history are you checking?

You wrote: "I do not know when it is going to be a success"

It will be a success when your updatedTransactions method is called with a state of 'purchased'.

Thank you for your replay.

"payment deducted from my account" means the production account. My user lost his money from bank account.

"when I check the purchase history it shows purchase pending" when he check his inapp purchase history from device settings

"I do not know when it is going to be a success" how can observe the payment is success.

Your app should get a call to updatedTransactions with state 'purchased' immediately after Apple has taken money from your user's account. Can you get your user to get your app to execute an 'addTransactionObserver'?

A user can falsely claim that they have purchased an IAP but the app did not give them credit for it. You should ask the user to send you their email receipt from Apple indicating they made the purchase.

User has sent me the Scree short of purchase history screen from his device settings. shows that purchase is pending.

In the Settings app, a user can see the auto-renewing subscriptions which are active and inactive. There is no screen which shows the user purchase history - one which would show that the user has a "pending" transaction for a non-renewing subscription. For all specific customer issues, I recommend that the user contact Apple Care - where all transactions can be verified and refunds offered as appropriate.

From the application side of things, receipt validation would show the app, what transactions the user has been charged for. If your app is not designed to perform this operation, the app would need to be updated to do this. If you would like to discuss this further, please submit for a Developer Technical Support incident and I can pursue this issue with you.

<https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/>

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Francis,

Based on the screenshot provided to you by the user, the item has been transacted by the App Store as a successful transaction, but the App Store is still processing the payment (as a result the customer purchase history shows the transaction as "pending". With regards to the purchase as regards the app, the app should have been notified of the successful transaction with the state - .purchased sent to the app's updatedTransactions delegate method. If the app has a method to re-validate the appStoreReceipt, the purchase should be present in the in_app array. If the purchase is not present, then this is a bug report issue to be investigated by the App Store Server engineers.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI