Crash log provided by user is shorter than usual

It basically looks like this:

Process:                   MyApp [1509]
Path:                      /Applications/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp
Responsible:               MyApp [1509]
Unrecognized selector -[MyApp.MyClass valueForKeyPath:]
         0x101ffd000 -     0x1020c5fff +com.example.myApp (1.2 - 33) <10BDE304-1719-31B1-80F0-C124314994F> /Applications/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp

I never saw such a short crash log, and using the atos command doesn't seem possible because of all the missing information. Is there something I can do to get the usual log with the base image address and the stacktrace?

Replies

So that’s the full crash report? If so, something has gone horribly wrong, either in the crash report’s generation or in its transit to you. Apple crash reports should never come out looking like that.

Oh, that’s assuming this is an Apple crash report. Does your product use a third-party crash reporter? It’s not uncommon for them to interfere with the Apple crash reporter (something I discuss in depth in Implementing Your Own Crash Reporter).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Yes, that seems to be the full crash report. The user sent me screenshots of the list of crash reports in the Console app and they all look like this.

No, I don't use any third-party crash reporter in my app.

The user sent me screenshots of the list of crash reports in the Console app and they all look like this.

Are all of those reports for your app? Or does this show truncated reports for other programs?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"