Anyone get a "kill() returned unexpected error 1" when testing iOS 13.2 beta?

Started seeing this popup in the console a lot when debugging my iOS 13.2 app. Any one know what this is about? I'm not trying to kill any process and my app keeps running so am not sure what is causing this...

Thanks,

Neal

Accepted Reply

Started seeing this whenever web views are shown. Also curious about the cause of it.

Replies

This seems to have been addressed with a bug in WebKit, but it does not seem to be reflected in the official release version of iOS 13.2.

This message is also displayed in the official release version of iOS 13.2.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58321114/why-i-get-the-console-warning-process-kill-returned-unexpected-error-1-when

Still receiving the error with the release of XCode 11.2 and release of iOS 13.2

Same here, running a web view inside a Unity-based app.

I have same issue on AppKit with WebKit on Catalina 10.15.1 and Xcode 11.2

same here basically makes the console log useless

Here as well, I see this filling up my Xcode console while running on device (iPhone X / iOS 13.2 / Xcode 11.2.1) for any WKWebView. It does not happen in the simulator, so it must be specific to iOS on device.

When I check the device logs in the console app, I see the following line always preceding the 'kill' line:

default0x1201ef200 (PageID=22) -[WKWebView _updateVisibleContentRects:] - usesStandardContentView is NO, bailing
errorkill() returned unexpected error 1
defaultInvalidating assertion 27-912-10256 (target:xpcservice<com.apple.PDFKit.PDFExtensionView>) from originator 912
errorkill() returned unexpected error 1

This particular WKWebView was rendering a PDF. For other WKWebView's I always see the 'usesStandardContentView is NO, bailing' preceding the 'kill()' log entry.

Not sure if that is a coincidence, or the cause of the issue. In any case, these errors got added to WKWebView.mm over the last year.

I am experiencing these errors as well: iOs 13.2, xcode 11.2, cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine v.1.2.1. Interestingly, I do not see these errors when running on the simulator, just the physical device.

I'm having a similar issue. I built an iPad app which is now 3 years of work. My iMac had to be rebuilt so now I'm on Cat Beta using Xcode 11. My app works in the simulator iPad 9.7 but, when I try to port it into a real iPad for testing it gives me the ERROR 1. Could not attach to pid: 1695 - and others. And does not work. Apple Support sent me here. Do you have any idea if this is signning issue? I'm still a novice trying to finish this app. Thanks Mark Herrick - Major Harmony LLC

I'm seeing this a lot and I'm not running XCode at the moment, so it's not related.

Comments on this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58321114/why-i-get-the-console-warning-process-kill-returned-unexpected-error-1-when

suggest that removing background image css will stop the errors.

Same here. i am testing on iOS 13.2.3 and i am still seeing the same error. i saw they have fixed some issues with webview in 13.2.3 and hoped to not see this error. but Still seeing.

Very frustrating!

Still exists in 13.3!

How much more time before the WebKit fix is integrated into iOS?!

Super frustrating bug!

Super annoying if use AdMob. Can't use xcode...