NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription need

any idea why Apple wants NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key in the app's plist as part of submission process?

we DON'T use direct photo library access (and we don't use any third party library that can cause it, in fact we don't use any third party library at all). we DO use UIImagePickerController (so user can select a photo of his/her choice and hand it over to our app). here is a direct user action involved. note that I can not see the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription string contents displayed anywhere (i.e. there is no dialog upfront that "this app wants to access your photo library because of <that string>")

anyone been through it? at the moment i am putting some silly "SOD OF AND GET LOST!" in there, as it is not shown anyway.

Replies

If all you're using is UIIRC, you're doing it correctly. Apple seems to think you're using something that warrants the dialog, so... Enable the usage via the plist and live large if you are doing something else. If you're not, ask review to take another look.

>it is not shown anyway.

When required/enabled, the user should see the permission granting dialog on first use only. If it's not being shown, and you tried to enable it, you're not doing it correctly.