SwiftUI Tutorials

I have been working on the SwiftUI Tutorial (Creating a WatchOS App), all was progressing well until step 5 (Adding the Map View, project builds without errors). Unfortunately, I now have an error:

PotentialCrashError: WatchLandmarks.app may have crashed

WatchLandmarks.app may have crashed. Check ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports for any crash logs from your application.

XCode: Version 11.2.1 (11B500)

MacOS Catalina: 10.15.1 (19B88)

Any ideas?

Replies

This is a known bug unfortunately. However, everything works as expected in both the simulator and the device itself. It appears to only be a matter of some missing glue code inside the Xcode canvas.

I've filed a bug on this, and would recommend you do the same, attaching the crash reports. My report is FB7366913, with title "Xcode canvas crashes when attempting to display WKInterfaceMap." More duplicate reports means more priority, which means a quicker fix, so pleas pile on.

how do you report a bug?

As the others said, this is a known bug.

Try exiting Xcode, reboot the computer, then try it again. This bug pops up at random for me.

Dan

Go to http://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ and log in with your Apple ID, then you'll be presented with the bug-reporting interface.

>how do you report a bug?

Use the 'report bug' link below, every page here, being sure to add your report number(s) to your thread for reference, thanks and good luck.

Ken

Thanks for your help, I have reported a bug, hopefully this will be resolved shortly.