Bluetooth 5 long range?

Does iOS 13 support Bluetooth 5 long range for iPads and iPhones? There was a post a few years ago about iOS 11 that was never answered, so hopefully a repost for iOS13 will get some answers this time.

Replies

LE Coded PHY (long range) is not supported by iOS at this time.

There is no support in the Chipsets in iPhone devices as far as we can tell, so you would not get any support in software.

LE Long Range requires hardware support and it's not a feature typically supported in Smartphones.

Support for this feature appears to be enabled in iOS 13.4 beta for iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max only.

Thanks for this information. Do you have any link to docs somewhere on this? I have checked the release notes of 13.4 beta 5 (as this is the latest) and there is no mention of Bluetooth. And Apple apparently deletes previous release notes of beta releases (weird, right?).

Also where can I see the API changes of beta releases?

>weird, right?

Not to me. Betas are transitory by definition. Apple has all it can do to track releases. If you want actionable/something you can get your teeth into, otherwise, you may want to avoid betas and stick with release versions, instead.

I don't believe there are public facing OS (vs. API) change logs, especially for betas.

Any updates?
Any updates on whether iOS 14 will support this or not?

Or iOS 15..