xcworkspace could not be opened

Hello I cannot open any .xcodeproj because of the same problem:

xcworkspace could not be opened.

Anyone knows how to fix this? thanks

Replies

Any 3rd party tools/libs/SDKs involved? pods?

Did you mean Xcode 11.1 & 11.2.1?

Probably same problem that happened to me. Open the xcworkspace file with sublime text editor and delete the profiles.

I have the same issue since XCode 11.2. Force closing does not help.

Fix is simple - I restart mac every time XCode stops opening projects/workspaces.

Not too convenient, but works.

I had the same problem when I tried to open a workspace this morning. Before I tried deleting and reinstalling my pod files, I figured I would try a simple computer restart. I quit Xcode and restart my computer. After that, I was able to open the workspace again. Weird.

Same here. Force quit can't help, always need restart my computer. It's very annoying.

please fix it.

Same problem here. Man, Apple really has severe quality issues lately with both iOS 13 and macOS 10.15! Need to reboot, then it works once and stops working.

Hello,

same proble here. Really annoying. Any news/updates about Apple ?

This is annoying, receive the error when opening a workspace through Xcode's (Xcode 10.3) start up screen. I was able to open a workspace by clicking on the .workspace file through file manager or Xcode > File > Open and locating the .workspace file to open.

I edited the workspace file and removed the UTF8 statement at the top of it and saved it. Haven't yet determined what that line is for, but once I did, the file was able to be opened and xcuserdata and xcshareddata were correctly generated.

@kurtblom opening .xcworkspace from Finder did solve my issue as well, thanks for suggesting!
Did the same as @zolcsi, thanks @kurtblom

Make sure you resolve any merge conflicts in files of Project.xcodeproj or any other file used by Xcode.