3. 2.2 Business: Other Business Model Issues

Help! We are acting as AGENT of non-profits. Apple has rejected our app saying becuase we are collecting donation. They say we have to do one of the below:
1- be a non-profit ourselves and use APPLE PAY with "Donate by Apple"
2- Collect money outside the app by opening a browser (outside the app).
3- Collect money outside the app by using SMS
Does anyone have any insight on this? Can you provide some examples for #2 and #3.

We are not sure we can comply with #1 - but let me konw if you know of apps that are for-profits and do take donations for other non-profits.
Thanks

Replies

#2: Collecting money through browser is done very often. When wikipedia calls for donation, they do it this way. Just propose to use either Paypal, Visa, …

#3: that is SMS transfer money. Many wireless service operators propose this.

Whet is the problem for #1 ?

Good luck.

Thanks can you give me a few examples for #2 and #3? I don't know which ios app do that?

#1 -- I hope you won't be sorry for asking me to explian #1 to you. It is a bit complicated. We are allwoing sellers to donate a portion of their sale proceeds to a non-profit. Apple is saying since we are collection donation, we have to :
a ) be a non-profit and use Apple Pay to allow user "donate with Apple"

b) dont' collect money in the app (the browser and sms)

We are very condfused since the requirement about us having to be a non-profit is making no sense to us. There are other apps that do that. We are acting as agent of a non-profit. We are not asking for donations from our buyers. It is a bit complicated so we need soemone at Apple to really hear us out. We have had two rejections and they say different things!

App Review is repeating the guidleines which state:

3.2.1(vi):

Approved nonprofits may fundraise directly within their own apps or third-party apps, provided those fundraising campaigns adhere to all App Review Guidelines and offer Apple Pay support. These apps must disclose how the funds will be used, abide by all required local and federal laws, and ensure appropriate tax receipts are available to donors. Additional information shall be provided to App Review upon request. Nonprofit platforms that connect donors to other nonprofits must ensure that every nonprofit listed in the app has also gone through the nonprofit approval process. Learn more about becoming an approved nonprofit.

3.2.2 Unacceptable

(iv) Unless you are an approved nonprofit or otherwise permitted under Section 3.2.1 (vi) above, collecting funds within the app for charities and fundraisers. Apps that seek to raise money for such causes must be free on the App Store and may only collect funds outside of the app, such as via Safari or SMS.

>It is a bit complicated so we need soemone at Apple to really hear us out. We have had two rejections and they say different things!

App Review doesn't participate in devForums, so you shouldn't expect that to happen here.

>2, 3

As noted in your other thread, same topic:

devForums is for questions/discussion on Apple's tools, and how to make apps - you'll need to do your own research for other topics.

> We are acting as AGENT of non-profits.

Keep in mind that Apple expects the principal to put the app in the store using their own account...they should be instructed to see "Learn more about becoming an approved nonprofit."

You and those non-profits need to work with the process as defined by Apple.