Comparing Images with Vision

Hello, basic 101 question. I have collection of images that may contain my company logo on it. Can I use vision to see if they are similar?

For example my logo is the same but may be on multiple trucks. Is Vision a good fit to tell me the probability of the image conains my logo by comparing them?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Reply

Possibly, it couldn't hurt to try it out and see what results you get. You could start with VNGenerateImageFeaturePrintRequest. A VNFeaturePrintObservation reports a metric which determines how similar one image is to another. Depending on how distinctive your logo is this may be a good metric. Additionally, if you are able to narrow down the rect that your logo may appear, you will get better results. (for example, if your logo has text then you may be able to find where it is by first running a VNDetectTextRectanglesRequest.)

Replies

Possibly, it couldn't hurt to try it out and see what results you get. You could start with VNGenerateImageFeaturePrintRequest. A VNFeaturePrintObservation reports a metric which determines how similar one image is to another. Depending on how distinctive your logo is this may be a good metric. Additionally, if you are able to narrow down the rect that your logo may appear, you will get better results. (for example, if your logo has text then you may be able to find where it is by first running a VNDetectTextRectanglesRequest.)