Cloud Kit not working after distributing app

My app was working fine with Cloud Kit on the simulator but after I distributed it and sent it to the App Store it stopped working. When the users download the app they can not even log in. It is like the entities created on the Cloud Kit dashboard do not even exist. I think this is a problem with compatibility with iOS 13, does anyone know how to solve it?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of bernardojn Down vote post of bernardojn
6.3k views

Replies

It sounds like you didn't replicate your schema to production.

When you run from Xcode the app choses to use the development environment or the production environment based on the value in the info.plist of:

com.apple.developer.icloud-container-environment

Once your app is approved it will always use 'production'.

You also need to deploy to development -

0) remove unwanted record fields and select the specific indexes that you actually want to sort and query

1) click on the blue cube in the top left

2) select the database

3) open the 'settings' type icon next to "development"

4) click 'deploy to production'

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK
  • Please change "the value in the info.plist" to "the value in the Entitlements File"

• Thank you, you saved my day. I didn't even know what to search for.

Add a Comment

I'm having the exact same issue. Were you able to resolve it and, if so, would you share how (in terms a relative novice would understand)? Thanks.

My humblest appologies to digitalglen. Once I got over my senior moment and realized he was referring to the CloudKit dashboard, his answer was right on.

> in terms a relative novice would understand

Were you able to follow the explanation and explicit directions I posted above?

In fact, I did have difficulty following your instructions. Firstly, I looked at my Info.plist (in Xcode) and didn't see an entry for com.apple.developer.icloud-container-environment. Secondly, when I finaly clued in that you and digitalglen were referring to the iCloud dashboard, I did not know on what page to find the blue cube you referred to. I did, however clearly see the indication "This container has not been deployed to production" and remembered seeing the option to deploy the schema to production when I previously used the upper gear icon to reset the Development environment.

Just to add to my last reply. I do applolgize if you felt slighted by my response to bernardojn, I meant no disrespect and I appreciate and applaud you for taking the time to answer their question.

I didn’t know I had to do anything on the developer CloudKit dashboard. After putting my app in the store and CloudKit not working I found this, went to the CloudKit dashboard, cleaned up the ‘Schema’ for the iCloud container I wanted to use, then chose the cog, deploy schema to production and its working.