6 Replies
      Latest reply on Nov 9, 2019 7:55 PM by KMT
      KyleKai Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
        On the dev web site I somehow have the Identifier platform of two of my Mac apps set to iOS when it should be for Mac, and now I can't select "Automatically manage signing" for projects within Xcode as it creates with errors. There are two similar Bundle IDs that have this issue: "com.modesittsoftware.GPX-Editor" and "com.modesittsoftware.GPXViewer". They both have the identifier platform as iOS. How can I change it to MacOS? The respective Mac apps are GPX Editor and GPX Viewer, both on sale at the Mac App Store. I can't delete the identity because I get an error stating they're already in use. I tried many other Xcode options such as manual code signing, but the app crashes with a code signing error, so I'm assuming the issue is the wrong platform as stated above.  My question is: how do I change the dev web site app identifier platform from iOS to MacOS?  Thanks!
        • Re: Change identifier from iOS to MacOS?
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,305 points)

I see GPX Editor and GPX Viewer in the Mac App Store, and GPX-Viewer on the App Store for iOS devices.

Do you mean you added an iOS platform to the first two via App Store Connect?

Not sure that will create the issue you describe...

Can you show the exact error?

Thanks for the reply.  GPX Editor and GPX Viewer have been around for a few years, and with some iteration of xcode (or some other event), the xcode checkbox "Automatically manage signing" started giving me errors.  I didn't try too hard to fix it, instead I switched to manual signing and that worked for a long time.  Then with the latest updates to xcode, I can no longer get the manual signing to work - I'd get an immediate "code signing" runtime error.  Upon researching the issue more, I noticed the certificates at my App Store Connect account for these bundles have the platform iOS instead of MacOS.  I don't remember doing that, but I suspect it's the reason the "Automatically manage signing" doesn't work with xcode.  I want to change my App Store Connect identifier platorm from iOS to MacOS for these two apps and hopefully the "Automatically manage signing" will start working.

The 2  errors I get when I use "Automatically manage signing" are:

• Failed to register bundle identifier.

The app identifier "com.modesittsoftware.GPX-Editor" cannot be registered to your development team. Change your bundle identifier to a unique string to try again.

• No profiles for 'com.modesittsoftware.GPX-Editor' were found

Xcode couldn't find any Mac App Development provisioning profiles matching 'com.modesittsoftware.GPX-Editor'.

Does that help?

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,305 points)

>Xcode couldn't find any Mac App Development provisioning profiles matching 'com.modesittsoftware.GPX-Editor

Sounds like an account problem.

Is your dev account current/valid? How many teams/accounts are you on? How many apple IDs are you working with on the backend?

Did you confirm the bundleID in either project hasn't changed since the last time they worked/were used? Are they echoed on the backend/member center/Certificates, IDs and Profiles?

>  Then with the latest updates to xcode, I can no longer get the manual signing to work - I'd get an immediate "code signing" runtime error.

Did you option-clean the build folder?

Yes, it could be an account problem.  I contacted Apple Developer Program Support and they couldn't help.  They recommended I post something to this forum.

My dev account is current ahd has been for the last 20+ years.  One team only, and one person only, me.  Not too sure what "How many apple IDs are you working with on the backend" means, sorry.

I have approximately 20 apps for sale, both Mac and iOS, and they all work fine and all use the "Automatically manage signing" functionality except for these two.

I have optioned-cleaned the build folder, deleted the Derived Data folder, everything possible.  Nothing helps.