3rd Party Lightning Chargers Actually Draining Battery

Hello, everyone. Since I downloaded iOS 13.3 Beta 1 on my iPhone 7 (128 GB), anytime that I plug up my iPhone using my 3rd party Anker Lightning connector, it actually drains the battery instead of charging it. I have never had this issue before, not even when beta testing iOS 13.2.

I do not have a 1st Party Apple Lightning connector to see if its the beta software or just my cable, but when I use my portable charger (Mophie brand), it charges without draining, even while using it. I am in the process of obtaining a 1st Party Lightning connector tomorrow (Sunday 11/10/19) to see if its just my charger, but in the mean time, I am still investigating whether or not it is a software issue or a connector issue.

Is anyone else having similar issues with their devices that are running iOS 13.3 Beta 1, or am I the only one?

Replies

Betas are notorious for having abridged power management software schemes, especially early in the cycle.

If you find something about a beta that interferes with your daily driver, you may instead want to avoid using them on any device you depend on.