Navigation Items disappear after migrate Xcode from 11.1 to 11.2

Hello,

A navigation controller within a complex storyboard behaves strange after migrate Xcode up to 11.2.

The controller has two navigation items on the left (Back) and on the Right (Play).

They disapperar in respect of segue from another view controller regarding its kind: Show (push) let the two buttons appear, Present modally over fullscreen (to avoid the new card scheme) let them disappear.

But for using the new card scheme, any additional navigation items has no sense anymore. (because you close the card when moving down without touching "Back" as until now.

But I do not see the point to change the complete logic of my app. So Present modally over fullscreen to prevent the new behavior seems the only solution.

So is there any workaround to make the navigation buttons behaving as prior to ios13?

Accepted Reply

You should change like this:

1. The segues kind is set to Present modally, Over full screen

Change to Push (with Modally, you see the navBar dispappear in child views in IB)

2. The Presentation of the target Navigation Controller is set to Full Screen

OK

3. The Presentation of the target View Controller is set to Full Screen

OK

Replies

I replicated your set up

The controller has two navigation items on the left (Back) and on the Right (Play).

and saw (nearly) the same.

They disapperar in respect of segue from another view controller regarding its kind: Show (push) let the two buttons appear, Present modally over fullscreen (to avoid the new card scheme) let them disappear.

But for using the new card scheme, any additional navigation items has no sense anymore. (because you close the card when moving down without touching "Back" as until now.

Exact

But I do not see the point to change the complete logic of my app. So Present modally over fullscreen to prevent the new behavior seems the only solution.

No.

So is there any workaround to make the navigation buttons behaving as prior to ios13?

Set also the navigation controller presentation to fullScreen.

Hello Claude31,

no success, here's my configuration:

Do the segue after starting the app, doesn't show the two buttons. The segues comes from the initial view controller.

You should change like this:

Change to Push (with Modally, you see the navBar dispappear in child views in IB)

OK

OK

Txh, that's do the trick!