How to update Privacy, Mktg, Support URLs?

I only want to make changes to the app's URLs for privacy policy, support and marketing. Do I have to release a new build simply to update those URLs? Thank you.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of CelticThomas Down vote post of CelticThomas
11k views

Replies

Yes, you do, as I believe Apple said this about that 18 months ago...

"Upcoming changes to app information fields

Starting in April, you’ll only be able to edit your app’s support URL, marketing URL, and “What’s New in This Version” text when submitting a new version of your app."

See ASC Help: Required, localizable, and editable properties

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT
Hi KMT,
I had to update my support URL field. Nothing else. This needs a new version. During update, I did not know what to write to 'what's new' field, so I just added 'Small fixes'. This was rejected as "We noticed you have included nondescript, temporary, or incomplete information in your app’s "What’s New" text."
True.
However, what to write to 'what's new' when NOTHING IS NEW, but Apple forces me to upload a new binary even if that has not changed?
Thanks
.+1

@zoli289 it's terrible to hear that. I have to do that same hassle just for changing my Marketing URL listing for app-ads.txt requirements. I will see what they will say when I write out that Apple require the same build just for this negligible change in the What's New section.

I cannot understand the positive reason for this design decision. Causing this nuisance and unnecessary effort to millions of apps out there. It's a shame for a company who was a pioneer in User Experience design.
  • I had to re type this comment because when I submitted it, it said I should login first to comment and I can't press back button and they don't keep my typed comment in a cache so I had to type again. How can a richest tech company failed to do simple things like these?

It does not make any sense to upload a new build when you want to change your marketing URL in App Store.
the old design which allowed to change minor listing stuff like URLS made more sense in the time of add-txt.

Are you listening apple. Common sense

Hello,

I want to change only Marketing URL for Admob app-ads.txt file. Unfortunately I can't change it because of this area is passive. How can I change only Marketing URL or Support URL? Everybody writes for one year however Apple don't develope about this. I hope, Apple sees our requests.
Having to build new app version so I can update support and marketing URL is just a nonsense, Apple are you listening?!
Apple, y'all need to fix this, make itunesconnect better. There is no need to create a new build and version of an app just so one can update urls. Come on!
I am facing this issue now and I couldn't agree more. Build a new website so I need to update the marketing url and contact information. Now I will have to create a new build just for that..

+1 on the stupidity of this requirement - updating support information should have nothing to do with the app's version, and should not require a new build. Who makes up these ludicrous policies? How did they ever get their job?

I faced this problem today, unnecessary version number increment and had to resubmit for just only Marketing URL change.

I added a redirect to my Web page rather than resubmitting. If you use WordPress, it's easy using the Redirection plugin. Otherwise there's lots of information on how to do this in other venues.

This is probably so the Apps Store developers can say, look Management, we've increased App submissions by 400%!!! Aren't we clever and necessary to keep around?