Unable to install Xcode 11.1

I Installed Catalina macOS 10.15 however I'm unable to install the new Xcode 11.1 update. The download is successful and launchpad reports "Installing" and then after some time I receve the message "Unable to Download App. "Xcode"could not be installed. Please try again later." When I try again the download is re-started.

Any ideas?

Thnx!

Replies

I had the same issue and fixed this.

1. I download Xcode.xip from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/

2. just double clicked the xip file in Finder

3. Archive Utility(default app for xip) made Xcode.app and move it to Application Folder.

4. Done. It works for me.

This seems to be working, but the unzipping is unbearably time-consuming.

I will try this 😉

I am just gonna go and let apple fix it for me in near or far future. Hey apple developers, I hope you are looking at this. I request you guys to kindly fix the bug. I use a Macbook air 2017 model. I would like to stay updated also.

Thanks

Same issue here. @Apple please fix with an update!

What is "Developer" ? do you mean, I'm pretty scared to delete all the folders in in, maybe Cache and Derived Data since both are cache.

~/Library/Developer

Just go to appstore, type xcode to search and click on it icon, you will see update button. Next, click update, it will take about 1 Gb to update and some times. Finally it will be completely updated. This method work for me.

Same issue. Tried to download the dmg from https://developer.apple.com/downloads. It gives an error "This package is incompatible with this version of MacOS. The package is trying to install content on the system volume..."

Fine, be that way.

Tried deleting xcode and library/developer, rebooted, repeat, to no avail.

Interesting the latest version of xcode won't install with a manual download. More interesting I've tried repeatedly to install via App Store and it gets 70% the way through and just stops. 10MBps download speed, 35GB free.

Stuck and unhappy.

What version of macOS are you using and what version of Xcode are you trying to install ?

From the error message it seems like the version of Xcode (may be an older Xcode) you are trying to install is trying to write something on to the system volume. In macOS Catalina, system volume is read only.

Refer: Installer fails on installing into /Application... |Apple ...

When you try to install it from the Mac App Store at the bottom under Information section there is a subheading called Compatibility which will state if that version of Xcode will work on the current mac.

Hi guys,

After struggling and calling apple I decided to go ahead and create the solution myself. I modified the plist file to reduce the minimum OS using brew cask install pref-setter. In order to fix this. Uninstall the xcode and install the latest version from the developer account.
  1. Delete Xcode

2. Download the latest version of Xcode from the developer url

3. install pre-setter

4. Right click on the icon and select. Show contents

5. find the info.plist

6. Modify the minimum version to the desired version and thats it

7. Enjoy it.

Guys I can't even get past the downloading process.. it's driving me crazy. I've deleted Xcode prior to attempt to download anything, Deleted developer and have 34 GB space.
Nothing I do seems to work to Mae downloading possible, here are my attempts to:
  • update Mac to vastest version, download still fails around 300-600mb from online or App Store

• App Store downloaded pretty far along but then gave up on me and said "unable to install Xcode"

please help me, been on this for about 16 hours!!!!
Actually if you download archive from https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ the same "out-of-space" error appears as if you download from App-Store
What actually helps is getting the latest updates for OS-X. Only after this I was able to expand archive or download a new Xcode version.