Getting "Invalid toolchain" when doing "Validate App"

Hello, there,

Today after I archived my iOS app and tried to validate it, I got the following error

Invalid Toolchain. Your app was built with an unsupported version of Xcode or SDK. If you plan to submit this build to the App Store, make sure you are using the GM version of Xcode 10.1 and the SDK for iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.1, Xcode 7.1 and the SDK for tvOS 9, or Xcode 6 and the SDK for macOS 10.9 or later. If you are using an Xcode beta version to test your app, make sure you are using the latest supported version. For more information about supported beta versions, view the App Store Connect What's New page (https://developer.apple.com/app-store-connect/whats-new/).

I am using Xcode 11.2(11B52), macOS Catalina 10.15.1, and from the "System Report", my iOS sdk version is 13.2(17B80). None of which is beta version. Could someone please shed some light, what should I do here?

many thanks,

Ron

Replies

Are you confirming that submission with 11.2.1 was accepted?

Always the same with 11.2.1 gm it did not solve anything to transfer with application loader.

Thanks, I was about to install 11.2.1. It sounds like the 11.1 rollback mentioned earlier is the answer. Have you tried that?

My programmer and I are having the same exact problem. He has been using Xcode 11.2 without issue to this point and we successfully uploaded to TestFlight last night. When we try to upload the same exact binary to iTunes we get Invalid Binary errors. Apple wanted to charge us a support ticket to bring errors with Xcode to their attention! The people you call into and speak with have no clue what you are talking about, in my opinion they need better training.

We are now getting this warning msg:

App Store Connect Operation Warning

WARNING ITMS-90703: "Deprecated Xcode Build. Due to resolved app archive issues, we have deprecated Xcode 11.2 on November 5, 2019. Download Xcode 11.2.1 or newer, rebuild your app and resubmit."

I googled this and found out much more information than Apple's own developer department knew. They should know this!

Apple has just released an emergency Xcode 11.2.1 update for developers — the tool used to create iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS apps. ... According to the company, today's update fixes a critical issue that could cause apps using UITextView to crash when run on previous versions of iOS, iPadOS, or tvOS.

I getting the same error message. Any light that can be shed would be greatly appreciated.

this version of xcode Xcode_11.2.1_GM_Seed work to upload to the apple store

Xcode 11.2.1 is working for me now.

I'm with same problem...

I have Version 11.2 (11B52). It let me upload my project successfully and I pushed app to the market two days ago. today, I have same XCode, same project, but now, it gives this error. I dont know what is difference between today and 2 days ago. but it is not definetely project (excep version updating) and xcode.

worse part, I think 11.2 has something which causes crash on the application. becuase I submit my app with previous version XCode 1 week ago, and it works perfectly fine. I submit another app 2 days ago with Dark mode change (I added UIUserInterfaceStyle Light to info.plist). we get numerous crash now, and xcode doesnt let us to update our app. just before big market days. it is costing too much for us. crap!!

Me nothing to do does not work with the 11.2.1, I emptied cache xcode, defines in Preference / Locations / Line Tools command version 11.2.1 but always refused with loader.Il is there anything else for that this is taken into account if I download the 11.1 it could solve my problem? Thank you.

Same problem here. I downloaded Xcode 11.2.1 GM seed from https://developer.apple.com/download/ but unfortunately the file would not open, it's corrupted.

Why does anyone accept this b ulls hit? We downloaded seven gigabytes a few days ago, only to get an error that those seven gigabytes are now outdated and we need to download another seven gigabytes to be able to build apps again, which then corrupt our projects?

Seriously, Apple, get a grip on your internal processes and quality control again! This is ridiculous!

Have you noticed the App signing process also changed since Nov 7, 2019 and it has gotten more complicated?

in additional to posting here, have ou considered posting here?

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/

Nope, I realized my app is now crashing on termination.

Hey! Any news? Still can't download v11.2.1 from App Store. How about you guys?