How to create Campaign Links for new app?

We'd like to create Campaign Links for an absolutely new app. The iTunes Connect / Analytics guide points to a "Campaign Tab", however, that seems to not be visible when there has not been received any data for a new app.

Does that mean, we cannot create Campaign Links for new apps? Wouldn't that sort of make the entire functionality useless, as we mostly want to use Campaigns to promote new apps..?

Replies

Creating a link to use on your site, etc. is going to be basically the same for all apps, just use the new app's Apple ID string (9 digits)

Example: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id/xxxxxxxxx

◅▻

I'm refering to the new Campaign Links outlined on page 9 here https://itunesconnect.apple.com/downloads/Documentation/iTunes_Connect_App_Analytics_Guide_v1.pdf

Those are different, or?

So am I - I went into iTC for one of my apps, read the blurbs on Campaign links, and then walked thru the process to get the sample link shown above.

This is on the assumption that a followup will be done later in iTC when that app enables that process there.

Otherwise, I agree it seems to be a catch-22 - might want to file a bug against the process to help enlighten the backend.

◅▻

The campaign link generator is linked in the iTunes Connect FAQ und App Analytics > Campaigns

Direct link: campaign generator

Do you have to use the link generator (Direct link: campaign generator) to get the links or can these be generated manually by replacing the campaign name in the generated URL?

Thanks for the link. But I have the same question as the OP; the campaign link generator page does not let me select my newly created app which hasn't been published to the store yet. Do you know how can I generate a campaign link to send to my distribution partner before the app is published to the store?

Create a sample link via an active app, then substitute your app's app id for the one in that string.

To find it for your app, go to App Store Connect / My Apps / <yourAppName> / App Store tab, General Info / Apple ID

Hi,

I generated the URL, but it is rejected due to "URL is not working" by Google Ads & Facebook.

What can I do, so the campaign link not rejected?

Thanks a lot EWA