App crash on iOS 13 with dyld3::closure::ObjCStringTable::hash(char const*, unsigned long)

Our App runs well in iOS 12, but recently we found on iOS 13 beta there are some rare crashes. I spent a lot of time investigating it, but I still haven’t solved it. Can anybody help me.

Accepted Reply

Are you using NSFileProtectionComplete in your entitlements? We found a *strong* correlation between using NSFileProtectionComplete and the crash, which would happen soon after device lock.

We were able to temporarily work around this issue by switching to NSFileProtectionCompleteUntilFirstUserAuthentication, then locking specific directories with NSFileProtectionComplete.

Replies

Hi Adam, are you seeing this totally crash fixed or just mitigated in 13.2.0? We're still observing reports of a similar crash for our app on devices running 13.2.0, in Fabric even though the repro steps listed below by girish.muchalambe@globant.com no longer crash on 13.2.0 (whereas it was crashing on 13.1.3).

Hi Brandon - We've had complete resolution of this crash with the official release of 13.2. Maybe your 13.2 crashes were from users running 13.2 Beta 1 or 13.2 Beta 2 (where the underlying iOS issue still existed).

Hope this helps!

Changing NSFileProtectionComplete to

NSFileProtectionCompleteUnlessOpen will help to avoid the crash?

or only changing to NSFileProtectionCompleteUntilFirstUserAuthentication alone will fix the crash?

At the point when we discuss Ethical Hacking, it is unequivocally inferred that we are looking at hacking that depends on ethical or virtues, with no evil aim. Ethical Hacking is characterized as any type of hacking that is approved by the owner of the objective framework. It can likewise allude to the most common way of going to active security lengths to safeguard frameworks from hackers with noxious goals on information protection. Visit : https://www.sevenmentor.com/ethical_hacking_training_institute_training_classes_in_pune_best_course_in_india.php