iOS 9 Public Beta 3 app testing

Hello,

I'm working on a project for iOS 9 and WatchOS 2, so I installed iOS 9 Public Beta 2 on my iPhone 5S and Xcode 7 beta on my mac last week and was testing my app on it. However I updated my phone to public beta 3 today and I can't run/debug my app on the phone now. I'm not enrolled in the Apple Developer Program so I can't get the developer beta for iOS.

I get "process launch failed: Security" error when I try to run my app from Xcode. And if I try to launch it directly from the phone an alert pops up saying "Untrusted Developer. Your device management settings do not allow using apps from developer "iPhone Developer:myemailhere (some code here)" on this iPhone. You can allow using these apps in Settings.". And there is no trust option. I couldn't find anything in settings either.

What do I do?

Accepted Reply

Ok, I just solved my own problem in 5 minutes after posting this.

There is a Profiles section under General in Settings app on the iphone. you can choose the developer accounts to trust there. I looked for this under the Developer section in the settings app first but weirdly it is not located there.

Replies

Ok, I just solved my own problem in 5 minutes after posting this.

There is a Profiles section under General in Settings app on the iphone. you can choose the developer accounts to trust there. I looked for this under the Developer section in the settings app first but weirdly it is not located there.

This is really an awful error message! I got the same message just in danish. And it told me to activate it under "Profiles" in the settings. But somehow it is called "Beskrivelser", wich means Descriptions in english.

But thank you for your post. it helped me. 🙂

Same here. message that does not really help you to understand what to do untill you google it