Signing Java Webstart application (JNLP)

Hello,

I am trying to execute Java Webstart application (JNLP) multiplatform which was signed by code-signing certificate and it is trustable on windows platform.

However, on Mac OS, it is always showing the warning message: "Can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".

Is it possible to sign our Java Webstart app with an Apple certificate?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Replies

I’m not familiar with JNLP technology. Is the goal it create a Mac app that users can run by double clicking the app in the Finder?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi!

Same problem here.

Older parts of our product are programmed using Oracle Forms technology. So those parts of the application needs to be run using Java Runtime Environment. When opening the program, user needs to download our jnlp -file and then open it up with this Java Web Start functionality.

In our case this jnlp file is created automatically and it contains a unique session token, which changes every time as the application is opened. Do you know is this kind of application possible to get Notarized by apple?

Thank you for your help in advance.

As I said above, I’m not familiar with JNLP. My general advice for folks using third-party tools is that you escalate these questions to the tool’s vendor. If they support the Mac, they should be familiar with notarisation. And if they need advice about how best to integrate their tool with the latest platform changes, they can escalate that query to Apple (DTS loves talking with tool vendors because it’s a force multiplier).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"