macOS Sign In to the App Store failing for testing

Hello,

We are working on a version of our Mac product that offers in-app purchase. It seems since upgrading to Catalina a couple of days ago I can no longer sign in with an App Store Connect sandbox account to test in-app purchases. Here is what a somewhat typical testing flow looked like when I was testing on Mojave with Xcode 11.

TO TEST FIRST TIME USER EXPERIENCE

1. Sign out of the Mac App Store

2. Delete the _MASReceipt folder from the debug build app bundle.

3. Launch the debug build of the app from the Finder. At this point I would be presented with a screen to sign in to the Mac App Store.

4. Sign in with sandbox credentials and then app would quit, but there would then be a _MASReceipt folder in the app bundle.

5. Build and run the app from Xcode and debug and test and whatnot.

Now that with Catalina, I cannot get past step 3. I am presented with a dialog saying "SIgn In to the App Store" and the dialog does say [Environment: Sandbox] on it. I have tried 4 different Sandbox users and I can't get passed this dialog. It goes away briefly, but always pops back up and the receipt is never installed in the app bundle.

I have tried restarting several times, even with both fingers crossed.

Do I need to change my flow for Catalina or perhaps it is unrelated to the OS version and I'm just doing it wrong?

Replies

Hi!

I have the same issue. In Catalina doesn't work verifying of the app wich build for the App Store with sandbox tester account. It say "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect." But I'm sure I enter the correct credentials. And creation of the new tester account didn't help for me.

It's so pitty for us, becouse we can't normally test our app before release.

Same issue here. Did you create an issue for this in the new feedback assistant?

In my case when I try to do the testing, first it come up with a user ID, that I have deleted from the list of sandbox users. Somehow using that old user, a little more happens, because it then says that the app is damaged and must be downloaded again from the app store. So maybe this is an issue on the web part and not so much in Catalina?

I also tried to create a new user and not validate the account via the email you receive: same result.

What looks new to me is the checkmark for Apple Pay. That is always on, and cannot be turned off (so why display this; bad design). So maybe the Apple Pay people have messed things up?

I guess I could test how things work under the previous OS version, but that's a whole lot of work for something that should never break. It's a frustrating mess.

I've used a DTS incident to try and get to the bottom of my issue. No luck so far, we are still going back and forth trying different things.

I'm encountering this issue as well. Any updates?

I've been encountering this same issue. I've got the situation where I have an older test user (from a different app) showing up automaically in the credentials and whe I enter a known valid test user for this app I get the "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect." message.

That made me think that somehow the sign in was trying to reference this older app. To test this theory I created a new user on my Mac and built the app as that user. When I tried to run it, the sign in popup came up empty and when I entered the test user that I had been trying previously it worked correctly.

When I went back to my normal accont on my Mac I still got the "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect." message with those same credentials.

That makes me think that something is baked into my normal acount that is somehow directly the sign in to the wrong App Store Connect account. I image if I could find where this prefiled Apple ID is coming from I could correct the issue. Does anyone have any idea where this informaton is stored?

Thanks,

Greg

> Does anyone have any idea where this informaton is stored?

Might want to start by looking at the apple ID(s) tied to iCloud that reside on that mac.

Otherwise, keychain.

Did you find the solution? I'm encountering this issue in Catalina 10.15.2

same here on Catalina 10.15.3

Any solutions ?

Greg, I'm seeing the exact same issue under Catalina. When I create a new user it works but not with the existing user. Whatever this is, something has been written to my user environment/keychain. But I can't find it.

How did you solve this, please?

Thanks,

Houman

I have the same issue on Catalina. Have you found a solution to this, please?

I am concerned about a user who uses multiple App Store Ids to benefit, multiple times, from a one-time discount. To stop this I am 'tagging' the user's Apple Id on their iCloud key-value file and their CloudKit userRecord. Perhaps that is what is happening. Remember the user has two identities - an Apple Id and an App Store (aka iTunes) Id.

Having the same issue.

Same issues as well, macOS 11.2/Xcode 12.4