Problem creating Mac Catalyst App Store profile

I am trying to upload my first Catalyst game to Mac App Store.

After many troubles, I successfully created an entry in Mac App Store, then the last part - during submission, it says that "Profile is not a "Mac Catalyst App Store" profile!

Then I try to create a profile, but during creation - I can't get pass this page "Generate a Provisioning Profile" page, asking to create a certificate. After creating the certificate - (Mac App Distribution) downloaded and double tap - then I go to create the profile again, and yet stuck at the same page.

And worse, after trying twice, now I got this:

Mac App Distribution

This certificate is used to code sign your app and configure a Distribution Provisioning Profile for submission to the Mac App Store.

Maximum number of certificates generated

So what shall I do?

PS: is it possible that Mac App Distribution is not the correct certificate? I tried Mac Installer Distribution but the result is the same (asking to create a certificate during creation of profile).

Replies

Given what seems to be a significant lack of detail surrounding store submittal of a mac catalyst app, I'd be interested to know what support had to say if asked directly about that error...

My guess is that the backend isn't open for your business just yet.

In the mean time, might help to confirm your basic process via QA1798:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1798/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40014167

Checking the Entitlements of an OS X app Submission to the Mac App Store