Xcode 11.2 not updating.

I had a problem with 11.1 not upgrading so did what was recommended elsewhere in these forums: delete it from Apps and download again from the App store. Today there's an update to 11.2 and let the system try to update as before. Downloads the 7.6GB file, tries to update, and then exits stating it can't be upgraded and to try later.

Would someone at Apple care to have a look?

Currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.

Accepted Reply

Finally able to get XCode 11.2 installed after updating the Mac to Catalina 10.15.1.

Just came back to let everybody know but I see a lot of you already got it working! Thank you to all who replied, those confirming the problem (we could have started out own XCode 11.2 Anonymous group!) and those who posted that it's now working as it should for most after upgrading Catailna.

Replies

The last macOS update (10.15.1) seems to have fixed the upgrade issue of XCode: simply upgrade macOS first, then try upgrading XCode.

Upgraded my mac to macOS 10.15.1 in hopes of that fixing the XCode update issue, like it seems to have helped others on this forum.

No joy. The update-progress-icon circle closes, and then changes back in to the UPDATE button. 50 minutes or so per attempt. Have tried several times with reboots in between. XCode remains at 11.1.

I've spent much of the day on this.

Is Apple engineering losing its touch? I've always had pretty good luck with Apple's software products, but lately.... XCode 11.1/buildsystem is crashing frequently, iOS 13 is very buggy (mail app is still virtually unusable despite frequent updates to the OS), iOS connectivity wtih my car's phone system issues, and others. ANd obviously lots of people are having issues with this 11.2 update. What gives???

It is really 'unfortunate' but I think the best is to stay (if we still can) with iOS 13.1 and probably XCode 11.1 for production. Just use 11.2 possibly for development. In the same logic, I've decided to delay migration to Catalina until all this is fixed.

They probably need a few more days or weeks to stabilize all this, hope they will send a clear message when it's fixed.

I have a same problem when updating to xcode 11.2. At first, the message of launchpad's status told me "Downloading x.xx of 4.16 GB". After done downloading, the message showed me "Installing", but after for a while, the download process started again automatically, and the message said me that "Downloading x.xx of 7.78 GB". In addition to that, even worse problem is occuring to me. The size of Other among Storage is keep growing now, even it is over now 60 GB now. I don't know how it will take over my storage.

FINALLY WORKED. Not sure what's different this morning, but on my 2nd attempt just now it went through. Just finished installing the additional components, and I seem to be running 11.2. I'll post again with feedback about actual use in a while.

Thanks to everybody who chimed in on this thread.

This might be a server problem, each time I tried it got to a different point and stalled, indicating it was at full size, but was not. It did download faster and further after 15.1 upgrade, although it still took about 25 minutes to finish.

Worked here after updating to 10.15.1.

You have to update to 10.15.1. The bug is that they are allowing us to see the Xcode update even though our operating system wasn't qualified to run it. Instead of telling us that with the error, it just said it couldn't be installed. Update to 10.15.1, then update again and it should work fine.

Updating system didn't help. Still could not download XCode 11.2 from App Store. Did get it from Downloads.

I have the same problem - tried to download Xcode 11 three times but failed each time on last quarter. There seems to be no other way of getting it either - nothing in Downloads for developers. Quite frankly I am ****** off - I can't install my apps on my main devices now because I stupidly updated them all to 13.2. Come on Apple *** are you doing about this??

With Catlina 10.15.1, when i try to upgrade xcode 11.1 to xcode 11.2, it asked apple id sign in. After successfull login got "some uncaught error occurred"

When checked in system perference, in the apple id icon it shows notification to sign-in to icloud. With this sign in , after trying upgrade worked.

Why it is made mandatory to forcibly sign-in to icloud. Observed in iPhone also using remainders also asking for upgrade which in turn asks icloud sign-in?

I'm having the same problem. Running Mac OS 10.15. When attempting to download from the App Store the process stalls at about 90% completion.

I had the same problem. I tried uninstall xcode 11.1 and install xcode 11.2. but when I make click on the download button just show a loading animation during a second and then appears again the download button. 😢 😢 😢 Never download Xcode 😢 😢

I had the same issue, but never installed Xcode 11.1. However, Xcode 11.2 had the same issues as the others. It would get toward the end, then report that it couldn't install and to try back later.

I had to actually force find the update to Catalina 10.15.1 by asking for updates...it didn't do this automatically. Once I updated Catalina to 10.15.1, I retried the Xcode 11.2 and it was successful the first time.