25 Replies
      Latest reply on Nov 19, 2019 8:17 AM by Thomas E.
      FunkyMusic Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

I can't develop with my iOS 13.2 devices right now. Xcode 11.1 doesnt' support iOs 13.2 yet.

Where is the required update, I can't find it?

Regards,

Kai

• Re: Xcode Update for iOS 13.2?
          ptsochantaris Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Seconded, I hope it's a small delay!

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (15,305 points)

Seen this recent argument, I mean thread?

Did they SERIOUSLY release iOS 13.2 BEFORE XCode  11.2?            

Cleaned up since. Point was to interim via 11.2b

Claude31 Level 8 Level 8 (7,295 points)

Just read in MacRumors there were serious compatibility issues between 13.2 and Homepod.

A 13.2 update is likely on the road, hope 11.2 will come altogether.

13.3 is on deck already? ....sigh...

Thanks for the info.

What happened to being able to just cable your device to Xcode and waiting for it to collect symbols.

>there were serious compatibility issues between 13.2 and Homepod.

Seen this engineering team meeting video from late yesterday?

h ttps://www.liveleak.com/view?t=uno4n_1572165363

Ken.

Bitcosoftware Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Now that was just down right funny!!!!

ptsochantaris Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Lol, perhaps some teams could use a bit of that, or at least on a verbal level

The delay by now is getting a bit ridiculous, and I've already had to make some tricky hacks this week in order to investigate issues that needed to be tested on a device rather than the sim.

Apple went from firing people in the elevator to putting up with very shoddy engineering Surely there's a middle-ground, but they are FAR from that right now, IMHO in the wrong direction.

13.2.1 is already there…

You're right, good info, thanks - quoting the 'net...

-=-

What is iOS 13.2.1 and why can’t I see it?

It’s an update aimed squarely at HomePod users, so if you don’t have a HomePod, then you won’t see anything, your iPhone or iPad will show that the software is up to date.

I do have a HomePod and I’m still seeing nothing

Ah, you’re looking in Software Update in Settings, right?

Because this is a HomePod-only update, it’s not in the usual place. Take a look at the Home app, often on the first page of your iPhone or iPad’s home screen. Found it? Good.

Now, is there a little red notification on it, like in the picture above? if so, click on the Home app and then on the little house logo at the top left of the app’s front page. Scroll down to Software Update and the app will reveal that there’s an update waiting for you. Or you may see a screen telling you to update when you open the Home app.

-=-

Let's see how long this one remains valid...

What we can read seems to show there are some bizarre (or at least deeply changed) behavior in 13.2 (see MacRumors article About iOS 13.2 Being 'More Aggressive at Killing Background Apps and Tasks').

I don't know what deep change they have done, but looks like it is not fully stabilized.

I will personally wait for 13.3 at least to upgrade from 13.1.

DrMickeyLauer Level 2 Level 2 (40 points)

This thread has been censored. Got a screenshot?

enriqueg Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Seriously, how many days?

DrMickeyLauer Level 2 Level 2 (40 points)

Welcome to the side effects of a toxic yearly release cycle.

That said, you can convince Xcode 11.1 to support SDK 13.2.

Download 13.2-beta and run it once to make it install the tools.

Edit preferences to use the command line tools from 13.2.

Deploy to a device once to make it create the iOS Device Support files.

Afterwards you should be able to deploy and debug to iOS 13.2 devices using Xcode 11.

Pascale Grooth Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same here I opened a Feedback too apple, and they basically told me to use the beta.. they may have well said: "***** to be you!"

Beta is not the same as the official release, and the size of the install on my space limited MacBook is not welcomed.

I feel that both the iOS and XCode should come out at the same time or else make the new iOS available on the current ide version.

n.

rromanchuk3 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Am I losing my mind?  I can't find even find where to download the Xcode beta? Did they pull it or something?

dshum17 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Xcode 11.2 just came out but it's still broken. I just tried compiling my Watch app and got this error:

Unable to install "[insert app name] WatchKit App"

Domain: com.apple.dtdevicekit

Code: -402653083

--

App installation failed

Domain: com.apple.dtdevicekit

Code: -402653083

Failure Reason: Could not connect to the device.

User Info: {

DVTRadarComponentKey = 487927;

"com.apple.dtdevicekit.stacktrace" = (

0   DTDeviceKitBase                     0x000000011bd6c6e7 DTDKCreateNSError + 109

1   DTDeviceKitBase                     0x000000011bd6cde9 DTDK_AMDErrorToNSError + 792

2   DTDeviceKitBase                     0x000000011bdac56a __90-[DTDKMobileDeviceToken installApplicationBundleAtPath:withOptions:andError:withCallback:]_block_invoke + 164

3   DVTFoundation                       0x000000010333e156 DVTInvokeWithStrongOwnership + 73

4   DTDeviceKitBase                     0x000000011bdac301 -[DTDKMobileDeviceToken installApplicationBundleAtPath:withOptions:andError:withCallback:] + 1589

5   IDEiOSSupportCore                   0x000000011bc34a25 __118-[DVTiOSDevice(DVTiPhoneApplicationInstallation) processAppInstallSet:appUninstallSet:installOptions:completionBlock:]_block_invoke.352 + 4523

6   DVTFoundation                       0x000000010346f3ba __DVT_CALLING_CLIENT_BLOCK__ + 7

7   DVTFoundation                       0x0000000103470a92 __DVTDispatchAsync_block_invoke + 809

8   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff6763f583 _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 12

9   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff6764050e _dispatch_client_callout + 8

10  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff67645ace _dispatch_lane_serial_drain + 597

11  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff67646452 _dispatch_lane_invoke + 363

12  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff6764fa9e _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 598

13  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff6789971b _pthread_wqthread + 290

14  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff6789957b start_wqthread + 15

);

}

--

FunkyMusic Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ok, they release XCode 11.2 now!

New major bug if a UITextFiled gets used:

Could not instantiate class named _UITextLayoutView because no class named _UITextLayoutView was found; the class needs to be defined in source code or linked in from a library (ensure the class is part of the correct target