Xcode 11.2 not updating.

I had a problem with 11.1 not upgrading so did what was recommended elsewhere in these forums: delete it from Apps and download again from the App store. Today there's an update to 11.2 and let the system try to update as before. Downloads the 7.6GB file, tries to update, and then exits stating it can't be upgraded and to try later.

Would someone at Apple care to have a look?

Currently running macOS Catalina 10.15.

Accepted Reply

Finally able to get XCode 11.2 installed after updating the Mac to Catalina 10.15.1.

Just came back to let everybody know but I see a lot of you already got it working! Thank you to all who replied, those confirming the problem (we could have started out own XCode 11.2 Anonymous group!) and those who posted that it's now working as it should for most after upgrading Catailna.

Replies

I thought I would explore the forums and see what commentary ther was on Xcode 11.2. I'm in the process of doing exactly the same update. The first thing I will do after the update has completed is reboot my MacBook just in case, by not doing so, there is a likelihood that Xcode will crash.
What surprses me is that Xcode 11.2 is not listed in the Downloads (other) on the Developer site. It normally is when there is an update.

I faced exactly the same behaviour.

Can't understand why Apple wants to test oir skills fixing their issues.

I have sent a report to Apple and see what will be the reply.

Same problem here.

Was the case for Xcode 11.1 update and now with 11.2.

Manfred

Exactly same problem here, already Appstore tried to complete the downloading 3 times; but always fails to installs and automatically starts downloading again.

Same here! MacOS 10.15 Catalina, trying to update Xcode 11.1 to 11.2.

App Store Downloads the installer but throws an error while trying to install it.

Tried it 5 times so far, all with same result.

Apple, please help!

Hello

I am also facing this issue, after upgrading the Mac OS to 10.15.1, I am able to update the Xcode 11.2

Then we can run our build in iOS 13.2 devices.

You better wait on the update if your project has any UITextView in the storyboard.

You application will crash on older devices as soon as the controler displaying UITextView appears on the device.

See https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/125287

Beyond the excellent advice of holding off installing Xcode 11.2 due to the UITextView issue, I'm finding issues with the direct download: Xcode 11.2.xip

xip file comes down OK, but the unarchive process never finishes (been running well over 20 minutes on my iMac Pro). Copied xip to a different RAID volume and same issue.

Edit: Filed bug FB7421707

I could finally install XCode 11.2 from the Appstore.

Don't know if it's related but it was just after I updated Catalina to 10.15.1

Same for me. I had to reinstall from the App Store. When the extra component install happened, it asked for a password. The prior failed attempts did not.

Exactly the same behavior. Trying again after a reboot, but am not optimistic. Thanks for reporting this to Apple.

(I find 11.1 very buggy (esp for SwiftUI), hopefully 11.2 fixes these issues).

For some reason they seem to have cleared the download section…

But of course, available on Appstore, and through (direct from Apple menu).

I just did it a few hours ago, without a glitch.

May be servers were a bit busy when you tried ?

I am also having the same problem updating Xcode, first with 11.1 and now with 11.2. Starting with the 11.1 update, it would get to 80%, start over, and then back at the 80% point it would say, “Unable to Download App. Xcode could not be installed. Please try again later.”

I tried several times, even restarting my iMac Pro, more than once. On Oct 28, I called Apple Support. The agent at first tried uninstalling Xcode and attempting a fresh installation. After that did not work, he asked me to download and run Malwareybytes. It showed my Mac was clean.

Finally he asked me to do a PRAM reset: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/reset-macs-smc-pram/

This time, the "fresh" installation succeeded and I now had the 11.1 version.

However, today, Nov 1, when I saw that 11.2 was available, I started the update, but again had the same problem. It would get to 80%, restart, get back to 80% and again say, “Unable to Download App. Xcode could not be installed. Please try again later.” This time, I just tried the PRAM reset. It did not help. Doing an uninstall and a PRAM reset each time there is an Xcode update is something that needs to be fixed, as this problem is occuring with too many users/developers.

Just like 11.1, 11.2 will not even download here from the App Store. Gets to about 80%, stalls, times out. See my post below on this problem with 11.1.

I can't update either, wasn't even notified of an update. I just bumped into the need once trying to deploy to iOS 13.2

Stuck on Xcode 11.0 for now, unable to push to iOS13.2 😐

Running Mojave 10.14.6 (and not willing to update to 10.5.X just yet)