iOS 13 beta 6 won't pair with earlier watchOS 6 beta

I know that Apple posted that you can't pair a watch with a beta earlier than 2, but I didn't see this when I updated my phone to iOS 13 beta 6. My watch wasn't syncing with my phone this morning after the update so I did a factory reset on it and now I can't sync it with any phone, including one running beta 6 as well as one on 12.4. Any ideas or should I ask the Genius Bar to bring it down to an older OS? Currently my phone is on beta 6 and my watch is probably on beta 1 or whatever happens when you do a reset. Thanks!

Accepted Reply

It can be easily solved in some basic steps without restoring anything neither watch or iDevice (Sorry for my simple English)

1. Download iOS 13 beta 5 from the internet (just type in google and you sure find something)

2. Choose your phone on the website and wait for download

3. Connect your phone and open iTunes

4. Once you are in your iDevice menu hit the update button BUT hold alt (In case of Windows CTRL) and then click it.

5. Choose downloaded file of iOS.

6. Wait for update to complete

7. Connect to your Apple watch and update them to newest software

And Voila! You're done and fully functional

Reason why is this still working is because Apple is still signing older betas and that's why you can still install it on your iPhone.

Have a nice day!

Replies

Thank you very, very, very (infinity times) much, Nadhun!

You have literally saved my life!

After having called apple support, visiting the apple store, waiting in line forever, only to hear that "there is nothing we can do and the watch has to be sent in for repair and will cost you...". Even after repeatedly telling them that this is not a hardware issue, only need a way to pair or restore the watch to an OS that can pair. And they started to push down on me that fact that they are trained employees who have several years of experience, but somehow have no idea about any such issue. I had given up all hope.

I am surprised that the people working for customer service have no idea how to help the customer, instead only know ways to pull money out of customers.

It's surprising how knowledge base like this isn't shared throughout Apple's employees.

Aabsolutely! the problem is that a BETA cannot conect to a IOS oficiaal release. For it to conect you must downgrade to 13.5 beta. So the BEta watchOS can connect to IOs Beta. then in IOS beta update the watch OS to the oficial watchOS 6. then upgrade the Phone to IOS 13.1.

did this had some minor issues but got it to work.

Yyou are a legend!!!

Hi!

Do you have a new one? This one is not valid right now.

Thanks!

hi , thx for your help but the profile is not valid anymore, i guess you can find a new profile that enables backwards compatibilty cos my apple watch who was probably on watch OS 6.1 or 6.2 beta is stuck, because i had to change my iphone X battery ,so i unpaired it, and since i've got my phone back it's impossible to pair it, or to be more clear it pair but then iphone X each time unpairs it and i'm back to start, i've gotten rid if my apple watch on icloud, alll my backups ect.. tried everything for like 8 hours that i saw on the net, restart, reset watch, network settings on iphone, changed region, time ect..

so please if someone have a newer version of the file that i desepertaly need, please i'm begging you.

thanks, sorry if english is not perfect but it's not my mother ******.

Regards.

Does anybody know if this still work, I recently restored to factory settings on my apple watch, and my iphone is on 13.2, is this solution still going to work by downgrading the mobile to a beta release?

no for sure. I did that

Does anybody have newer version of that profile Nadhun sent?

It already expired

Any luck? I’m having the same issue. Hoping for a new version of that backward compatible profile

Try this:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=ios

See:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/121120

Download the "iOS 13 and watchOS 6 (Seed 1) Backwards Compatibility" profile

Hello I have watch 1 series os 6 (1) beta and i had iphone 6s on ios beta 13.1 i lost my phone and i have iphone 8 ios 13 and i can not pair my watch is any help how i can pair it ???

It is not there

Any chance that you share that again? It says that it is invalid.

anyone have any luck? the backwards compatibility profile isnt working. anyone know of a newer version?

watchOS6Seed1-compat.mobileconfig

PLEASE HELP ME! i am a nurse and need my apple watch. I have an iPhone 11 updated to 13.6 and my watch says updated to 5.6. I get a dead end every time i try to pair it. It says that i need to update it and then checks for an update and i end up on a screen that says "up to date" and no option to advance further. im about to give up and buy a new watch but i reallyyy don't want to have to.