AT&T TV Now stutter when using airplay speakers

Once installing the latest beta on my 4K, I get huge stuttering in AT&T TV Now when broadcasting audio to my AirServer speakers. This was not a problem prior to installing the latest beta (I was on the prior beta previously). Also no stutter if I set it to play audio through HDMI (but I have no speakers connected via the HDMI signal. Forcing 5.1 or Stereo does not help. Connecting to both regular and lossless AirServer does not make a difference. If I use the remote to pop up any menu (info from top or timeline from bottom) the video is temporarily back to normal speed. On one of my other Apple TV 4Ks I have the beta also installed, but with speakers connected via HDMI. No stutter.

It could be an issue with AT&T TV Now itself, but as stated it was not a problem prior and I have not had any updates to AT&T TV Now.

Vudu streaming doesn't have the issue.

Replies

I'm seeing the same issue with the AT&T WatchTV app. Pretty much the same app as AT&T TV Now. With the latest beta download, video stutters to the point where it's unwatchable. Lip sync gets way off after about 60 seconds. Like you, I discovered that by going into a pop-up menu, everything syncs up back to normal, but the fix is only temporary. Can't wait for the next release. My issue with through a receiver via HDMI, not airplay.

Same issue here with att tv now. And here I was blaming ATT. Hope Apple fixes this

I isolated my issue. It's jittery when my Apple TV is set to output in 4K. When I set it to 1080, it's fine. Weird that it just started, as I've been streaming with it fine, with the ATV set to 4K.

This seems to have temporarily caused the stuttering to stop happening. I tried all other combiations of video settings, and this is the only one that stopped the stuttering. This is definitely not a final solution, though, as what's the point of having my 4K TV if I have to keep manually turning 4K on and off?

I agree! With each app update or TVOS update, I'll try it back on 4K. This is a workaround, but not a final solution.