Javascript is Disabled in Webview of ios 13 & iPad OS 13 breaking our business scenario

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
With latest release of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, facing following challenges

Problem Statement
- Create an HTML File with some Javascript code in it.
- Javascript is used to Hide/Show contents of Html Page based on some business logic.
- Send this file as a Mail Attachment.
- Try Opening File in the latest iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 devices from Apple Mail or Gmail App.
- File Gets Opened in WebView, but JavaScript is not Executing.

This behavior has broken our business Scenario handling.
On the previous version of the iOS release, this was working fine.

Is there any way by which we can Execute Javascript in webView in the near future?
Also, is this documented somewhere? Any Documentation from Apple's site would help.

Replies

I am experiencing the same problem a personal javascript that I was building on my macBook and emailing to myself.

A year ago I could look at the graphics created by my javascript on my iphone, now I cannot. I am running IOS 13.1.2 on

my Iphone.

+1

I'm trying to develop a semi-automated calendar/scheduling application for my clients to use to book my time. The page works fine as a web page, but when bundled and sent as a MIME email, the JS code doesn't run.

I can see the obvious problem with allowing this (denial-of-service attacks and the like), but a whitelist of domains that are allowed to use JS would be very helpful! Maybe with a popup to allow/disallow/ask on the first use?

Turning it off and removing any chance of configuring it seems... draconian.

(I've filed a bug report for Apple Mail on ios, but this issue plagues macOS Mail as well.)