quicklook extension on Catalina

I'm migrating a qlgenerator that show syntax highlight of source files to the new api for quicklook extension on MacOS 10.15 catalina.

My extension works for many files (.sh, pho, py, ...) but not for .xml or .plist extension.

Inside QLSupportedContentTypes I have put the UTI public.xml and com.apple.property-list but for this type of files the preview don't works but use the standard Text.qlgenerator.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

not for

.xml
or
.plist
extension.

Did this work with your old generator?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Old qlgenerator works but require signing and notarization on Catalina.

Now I am using the new quicklook extension. I try with and wihout notarizing the app but the extension is not recognized for .xml and .plist files (but works for many others format, also defined in the coretypes format list).

Old qlgenerator works

Interesting. My experience with both Spotlight plug-ins and QL generators is that they work well for custom types but the system is loathe to invoke them for common types, like

.xml
, which have built in support. So I’m actually surprised that this used to work.

Regardless, I don’t think there’s any magic bullet solution for you here. If you want the system to support you overriding the built-in support, you should file an enhancement request describing your requirements.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Ok, I have send a feedback assistant request: FB7416049.