Notarization not testing as notarized

I've just notarized a pkg containing only fonts to install. The notarization went through fine, got the happy email from Apple.

But when I staple that pkg, right after notarization was successful, it doesn't say "Validation action worked" as it usually does with stapling. It just says "Processing", gives the path, and that's it, it returns to the prompt.

When I test for notarization, it says "Rejected, unnotarized developer ID", but I just notarized it, successfully.

How can I get it to Staple and give the right feedback? Why is it not giving the right feedback when I staple it? I deployed it to my users, and they are getting the Malware Warning when they try to run it. It's easy enough to get around, but i would rather they not get that message at all.

Replies

First of all, you have included your Aple ID and app specific password in a public post. You will want to revoke that password immediately. Then review your notarization history associated with your account. Maybe contact Apple security and have your certificates revoked. I'm not sure what else. But definitely contact Apple about this.

I think some kind of cache file with the altool is trying to load a JAR file from a saved location. I'm not sure how all of that works. But I can tell you that it isn't an error you are getting back. The altool is failing to load components and isn't even running. It is some kind of Java caching problem.

I have changed my post. Those things are gone. I trust that nobody who saw it has any bad intentions or will do anything bad. I'm too overworked already to care, will take my chances.

Your trust is misplaced. This site is indexed on Google.

But it's read by developers, mostly, and most people are on the up and up. And just my email address and an app specific password doesn't give anybody much to go on.