The staple and validate action failed! Error 73.

Hi

I have a flat pkg that I sucessfully notarised but when I come to staple the ticket I get the following error:

"Although we wrote the ticket, the written data did not validate. Please restore thefile.pkg from backup to try again.

The staple and validate action failed! Error 73."

I did not touch the pkg in teh few minutes it took to receive the confirmaton email. The pkg itself looks notarised when I check it. Strange...

Replies

We're having the same issue here... anyone have any clues...?

Thanks!

What do you see if you run

stapler
in verbose mode (using
-v
)?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Did you codesign your flat pkg before you notarize it ?

change the mode, on terminal type
chmod -R 755 Path_to_App/app.app

and then try to Staple it will work

can you Try sudo chmod 777 on the signed pkg you created. then run xcrun stapler staple /path/your_signed.pkg

I solver this with sudo command:

sudo xcrun stapler staple your_pkg.pkg

You shouldn’t need sudo to run stapler. The fact that you do suggests that your build system is spitting out files with ‘weird’ privileges, which suggests deeper problems.

I’ve seen a bunch of issues similar to this:

• Some folks run everything using sudo, in the mistaken believe that it makes things easier. It does not. In fact, it can make things worse, as I explain in Resolving errSecInternalComponent errors during code signing.

• Some folks hit a problem and use sudo as an expedient workaround. That then causes another problem down the line. Eventually everything is run using sudo and… well… see the previous point.

I recommend that you investigate why your build system is creating an installer package with restricted privileges and fix that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"