Understanding the terms and conditions files for auto-renewing subscriptions

I recently submitted an app for review that contains auto-renewing subscriptions and it got rejected because the app did not fully meet the terms and conditions for auto-renewing subscriptions.

Rejection Message:

We noticed that your app did not fully meet the terms and conditions for auto-renewing subscriptions, as specified in Schedule 2, section 3.8(b) of the Paid Applications agreement.

I'm having a hard time making these documents since most of the ones I have seen are really long and I'm not sure what specifically do I need in those documents for my app.

1. How detailed does the terms and conditions files for auto-renewing subscriptions need to be? Can it be really simple?

2. Do I need two separate documents, a Privacy Policy and Terms of Use file?

3. How is there a template that I could use as a start?

Any information about the topic will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

This has been discussed in other posts on the forum back about 2 years ago.

Get any app and explore what they have for autorenewable subscriptions.

You may copy the page that pops up when you start to make a purchase on "OptionPosition+".

Replies

This has been discussed in other posts on the forum back about 2 years ago.

Get any app and explore what they have for autorenewable subscriptions.

You may copy the page that pops up when you start to make a purchase on "OptionPosition+".

Thank you for the informaiton. I noticed that the app, OptionPosition+ provides the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy in both, the device and online, is this really a requirement? I was under the impresion that one was enough.

Check again.

In the app is a disclaimer for any losses suffered in the market - that's neither privacy nor terms of use.

In the app is an explanation about autorenewables that is (aka was) required for an autorenewable. It cannot be in a UIAlert. It must be in a modal. They may have changed the wording since then.

On the website is the privacy policy and terms of use.